Elk Grove Village, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Graphic Packaging Intl. is the global leader in print carton packaging serving clients in the foods, beverage and consumer goods industry with local plants located in Elk Grove Village and Carol Stream Illinois. We are looking for talented individuals that exercises judgment where appropriate in ensuring the efficient operation. Held responsible for quality, equipment condition, safety, the efficient operation of the equipment and production of product to be produced in the Finishing Department.
* The person who occupies this position is responsible for assuming all duties performed by feeder (feed flat cartons into glue machine) and catcher (remove product from press and pack into cases). This person rotates between these positions throughout working shift.
The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the company are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
1 Feeder has responsibility that glue machinery is continually being fed with proper carton. Feeder takes stacks of cartons from loaded pallet and places them into feeder of machine.
2 Responsibility that appropriate carton is being fed. Done by checking for variances in box number and collator marks.
3 Responsibility to feed only quality cartons. Feeder is to fan through stacks of cartons being fed and check that they have proper color, register and are void of unnecessary markings.
4 Feeder is to observe for machine malfunctions and stop glue machine when problems arise. Feeder uses mirror to detect malfunctions. Feeder is also to be aware of signals from operator or catcher to stop and start machine.
5 Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of area (remove stray cartons, sweep up, etc...). Performed during make ready.
1 Removes the finished folded cartons from the press and packs them into cases.
2 Responsibility that appropriate carton is being packed: Done by checking item and job number on carton with job label being used.
3 Responsibility that only quality products are packed. Catcher is to check that cartons have proper color, register and are void of unnecessary markings.
4 Responsibility that proper count of cartons are packed into case. Catcher is to hand count the first case of each different product being packed.
5 Packed cartons are to be pushed on rollers through taping machine to the padlocker.
6 Responsible for maintenance of area. Performed during make ready.
The person in this position performs the duties of feeder for half of the working shift and duties of catcher throughout the rest.
* Physical and visual activities that are commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job:
* Position requires standing, lifting (1-20 lbs.), twisting and bending throughout work shift.
* Physical demands commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job:
* Duties require standing (except breaks and lunch) with little lower body movement throughout working shift.
* Feeder: Function 1 requires that stacks of folding carton (1 to 20 lbs.) be moved from pallet and fed into finishing machine. Full skid typically 3 to 5 feet high. Requires bending as stacks of carton diminish.
* Feeder: Visual acuity up to distance of 45 feet needed to detect machine malfunctions and signals from catcher or operator.
* Catcher: Stack of carton typically weighing 1 to 20 pounds taken from press at waist level and packed in box at waist level.
* Visual acuity at short distances. Needed to detect variances in job numbers, register and collator marks. Color vision needed to detect inappropriate color of product.
* Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software:
* Glue machine, brooms and other related cleaning tools.
* Inside conditions, extremes of heat (up to 100 degrees in Summer), humidity, noise (from production machinery).
* No experience needed (entry-level).
* Must be able to speak, read and write English.
* Must be flexible: Able to work other shifts, overtime and Saturdays when needed.
* High School diploma or GED required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains at-will.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by