This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Learns the flow of all materials, in-coming and out-going at the mill. Assist all operators of different areas of the mill in housekeeping. Unloads bagged ingredients off trucks at warehouse and learns the paperwork and follows procedures established in the areas. This person must be proficient and willing to perform at least one operator position of the mill (scalehouse/receiving, control room, feed loadout), as well as housekeeping, inventory control, and quality control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
* Learn the material process flow, incoming and out-going.
* Cross-train in other areas of production/maintenance at the mill.
* Responsible for the cleanliness of all areas of the mill and the grounds adjacent the plant.
* Receive and account for bagged ingredients into the warehouse.
* Prepare and process bagged ingredients for the control room operators to meet production requirements.
* Process necessary paperwork and learn to account for items using computer skills as needed and follow procedures established to insure proper material flow.
* Understand and follow safety rules and be able to wear proper PPE.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school graduate or GED preferred; Level 1 two or more year's experience; Level 2 and 3 - three or more year's experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, communicate and understand inventory record keeping requirements in English.
REASONING ABILITY AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and to properly wear personal protective equipment. Employee is exposed to both grain and protein dusts, and heights up to 200 feet.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The employee is often exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer