Fellow, 40hrs, CNS Neurotrauma and Stem Cell Biology Lab 9/9/2016
Spaulding HospitalBoston & Cambridge(SRN,SRH,SHC)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
A well-established laboratory investigating CNS neurotrauma and stem cell biology has a position open for a qualified postdoctoral fellow.
* Reliably follow lab PIs instructions regarding all lab related operations,
* Reliably carry out assigned research duties and experimental procedures at levels of postdoctoral levels (i.e., candidates must be PhD and/or MD degree holders),
* Basic independence in carrying out designed studies, data collection and analysis, and report writing.
* Under the supervision of the PI, work independently or collaborate with lab manager to responsibly handle lab supply and animal orders, and their proper documentations,
* Communicate with Division administration officer and managers to coordinate lab activities according to institutional regulations,
* Independently perform rodent colony maintenance, breeding, and molecular genotyping procedures,
* Independently perform experimental surgery using rodent models, post surgery animal care, basic behavioral evaluation, and data analyses,
* Independently complete pharmacological treatments for rodents that frequently requires weekend commitments,
* Independently accomplish animal perfusion of tissue fixation, tissue collection, cryoprotection, as well as histochemical and immunocytochemical analyses,
* Assist PI and other postdoctorial fellows to design experiments, writing research proposals and prepare preliminary data effectively,
* Independently complete cell culture and cell line maintenance (e.g. cell culture splitting, cellular cryoprotection, cell viability evaluation, etc.),
* Independently perform tissue processing such as cryostat sectioning,
* Independently carry out routine protein electrophoresis (western analysis) and basic procedures for RNA and DNA analyses,
* Carry out microscopic analyses at con-focal level.
* Under the supervision of the PI effectively carry out data presentation.
* Applicants should have a recently completed PhD, MD or MD/PhD training with knowledge of research techniques on stem cell biology, SCI/TBI modeling, biochemistry, and scientific analysis.
* The incumbent must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to demonstrate professionalism.
* A sound degree of computer literacy is also required.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.