Field Application Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Field Application Engineer is responsible for supporting the sales team and customers with training, new product development, problem solving, etc. This person will also support America's quality team on investigations/customer drill down for applications.
Founded in 1927, Littelfuse Inc. is the worldwide leader in circuit protection products and solutions with $867.9 million in annual sales in 2015. The Littelfuse portfolio, backed by industry leading technical support, design, and manufacturing expertise, has made significant investments in R&D and Distribution to ensure that we not only have the world's broadest and deepest line of circuit protection solutions, but also the most advanced, recognized circuit protection brand in the world.
You will be supported and surrounded by some of the best and brightest people in the industry. People who care about customers and care about helping them achieve the results they seek. At Littelfuse you will be in a great company! To apply please forward your resume to Janet Van Hoeck, email@example.com
* Work with the technical sales department to drive for design win for all Littelfuse products.
* Frequent overnight travel to both the customer advanced engineering centers and company manufacturing facilities throughout the Midwest and Mexico.
* Support advanced development on new automotive market segments such as Hybrid, autonomous driving, and full electric vehicles.
* Work closely with Littelfuse product marketing and segment marketing teams.
* Provide training and technical seminar support to business teams, distributors and customers.
* Foster early project involvement to ensure Littelfuse becomes the preferred suppliers at strategic customers.
* Support Littelfuse advanced engineering project teams for customer prototypes, testing and simulation.
* Work on fuse design proposals with the customers and Littelfuse design engineering.
* Support the Littelfuse quality team "on-site" during quality crisis or events as they arise.
* Identify technology and competitive trends in the market, and define the implications to Littelfuse. Propose ideas for new inventions/IP.
* Work proactively.
* BachelorDegree in Engineering or equivalent is required.
* Minimum of 3years of experience as application, system or design engineers with extensive knowledge at component levels.
* Basic understanding of automotive electric system design cycles and procedures is required.
* Willing to travel globally up to 40%.
* Understanding of Automotive Advanced Product Quality Planning procedures is preferred.
* Familiarity with project management tools and procedures.
* Demonstrated sales mentality with good listening skills.
* Experience in working with international company is preferred.
* Spanish language skills a plus, but not required.