Field Application Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Apex Supply Chain Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONFIELD APPLICATION ENGINEER
Apex Supply Chain Technologies
Apex Supply Chain Technologies is defining the future of how companies manage their supply chains by providing tailored, scalable, hardware and software solutions, which allow customers to right-size and control materials, supplies, equipment and critical parts, based on true demand. We are a rapidly growing technology innovator, providing transformative Supply Chain Technology solutions to a rapidly-expanding client base of over 10,000 corporate users worldwide. Over the past five years, more than 300 of the Fortune 1000 and Forbes Global 1000 companies have implemented Apex solutions.
We are looking for a candidate to join our Sales organization, and provide technical expertise to our sales team and end user customers. You will be primarily engaged in all facets of Pre sales technical engagements, ranging from demonstrations, proof of concepts, lab and pilot test implementations, and Request for Proposal (RFP) responses. This individual will also be involved in some post sales activities such as customer training.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can combine their technical knowledge, customer relation skills and market vertical expertise to solve the business problems facing our client base. The successful candidate will be expected to have a working knowledge of industry standard technologies, vertical markets and mobile computing, and wired/wireless networking. The candidate must also be able to develop relationships with the sales team, internalengineering, and key technical customer contacts, leveraging these resources so as to deliver a solution to our customer base.
Travel will be required.
This position reports to the Vice President of Sales, Retail Operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead pre-sale technical sales efforts on a variety of Apex products to large Enterprise customers. Opportunity to coordinate with a technical team including Sales, System Integrators, Product Engineers, Program Managers and Business Partners to implement enterprise solutions.
* Support sales in architecting the optimal customer solution.
* Lead the coordination of technical sales activities related to prospective accounts, partners and/or territory
* Set-up and lead hardware and software solution demonstrations for customers and partners.
* Lead technical presentations for customers, partners, prospects and internal Apex teams
* Support the Sales team with the development of ROI and Business Case presentations.
* Provides input to local policies and practices
* Acts as a resource to customers based on intimate knowledge of relevant industries and needs
* Solve complex problems which may require unique solutions (e.g unique applications of existing technologies) that are used across the business in similar situations
* Leads problem resolution, identifies appropriate resources, proactively develops contingency plans
* Attend technical, product and sales training as required
* Develop an understanding of relevant competitive solutions, products and services
* Act as a mentor to less experienced team members
* Work with customers during the Proof of Concept (POC) phase to insure overall customer satisfaction and success of the POC
* Participate with operations team on customer project calls
* Measured on achieving team sales goal.
* 50%+ travelrequired.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree or two year technical degree
* 6years' experience working in the retail, warehouse, supply chain or transportation & logistics market. Management of mobile productivity assets a plus.
* Certifications: Industry certification (e.g. MCSE, MCNE, CWNA, CCNA/CCDP, MCSE/NE, CISSP etc) desirable and/or strongly preferred
* Operating System knowledge: Microsoft, Android OS, Apple IOS is strongly preferred
* Software Development knowledge is strongly preferred. Understanding of cloud based computing is highly desirable.
* Experience with automated dispensing and self service solutions is preferred.
* Pre-Sales technical sales experiencepreferred.
* Project management experiencepreferred.
* Knowledge of enterprise WIRELESS (802.11) and LTE
* Enterprise wired knowledge (routers, switches, VLAN, et al)
We offer a very competitive base salary and a full benefits package including health insurance, life, dental and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Apex Supply Chain Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer