Field Application Engineer 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview:
Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Field Application Engineer to address and resolve all mechanical related barriers in designing in Molex connectors, cables and solutions into customer programs. The FEA will assist the Marketing Manager on mechanical competitive analysis and customer system and applications so as to identify gaps and strengthen opportunity pipeline to achieve higher revenue/profit growth.
* Lead Molex Sales Engineers and work closely with customer s development/process/reliability engineers in resolving any mechanical issues for design-in of High Speed IOs/Backplane/BTB/ICM/Storage connectors/cables as well as other copper solutions
* Train Molex Sales Engineers in Copper Solutions for high speed applications pertaining to mechanical performance
* Lead in communication with internal design engineers/product managers and customers in mechanical reviews
* Make recommendations for improvement of interconnect systems and solutions, resolving customer s potential or current issues
* Assist Marketing Manager in providing insightful information solutions reviews, customer systems and processes
* Develop supporting documents/application notes for customers
* Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Physics
* 5 or more years of experience in the electronics industry
* Master s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Precision)
* 5+ years experience in designing, qualifying and/or other supports in high speed electrical interconnects and solutions
* Understanding of high speed connector solution applications and processes
* Experience in high speed telecom/Datacom/servers industries
Skills and Abilities:
* Strong ability to communicate well with customers and internal stakeholders
* Excellent team player
* Detailed in problem analysis and solving
* Solid understanding of various connectors/cables/solutions manufacturing process
* Understanding of statistical approach in problem solving, SPC and other quality tools
* Well versed in 2D/3D CAD design tools and good understanding of CAE tools
You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
Visit us: www.molex.com | Twitter: www.twitter.com/molexconnectors |
YouTube: www.youtube.com/molexconnectors | Facebook: www.facebook.com/molexconnectors |
Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/molex | Our Blog: www.connector.com