Field Application Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
TE Industrial s Automation & Control (A&C) is highly profitable business with a dedicated team of more than 2600 people and 8 manufacturing locations globally. A & C is a market leader in the Machinery and Equipment industry and a strong player in Factory and Process Automation.
We are searching for a driven and goal oriented Field Engineer with strong technical and sales skills to help us grow our business in the Minnesota market.
* Become the application expert to identify current and future customer needs, and together with the customer find appropriate solutions (using either known or new technologies) for customer applications whilst promoting TE s technical and technology portfolio.
* Understand the customer s strategy and technology roadmap, the market, competition, and trends and apply this knowledge to customer solutions by developing a comprehensive application market share gain strategy
* Develop a network of contacts within customer organization (eg Engineering, Project Management, Product Management, R&D etc) to enhance cooperation with customer and become a trusted partner.
* Identify sales and business opportunities with customers within the FE s region to grow the project pipeline in line with the product and technology roadmap.
* Execute conversion of the engineering and sales projects pipeline into wins.
* Generate, prepare and present TE proposals (eg product selection, design solutions, product specifications, project objectives) to customers in conjunction with other relevant TE personnel (product management, pricing, etc)
* Ensure product samples, supporting design and product verification activities are delivered to customer in agreed timeframes.
* Provide high quality customer support, consulting services and advice on all technical-related topics concerning TE products.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
* Key Performance Indicators:
* $ value of Project Pipeline (sales and engineering projects)
* Conversion (Design Wins)
* Customer Satisfaction (NPS)
Key Qualifications, Experiences & Knowledge:
* Engineering degree or Relevant Experience (Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Electronics engineering preferred) -
* Professional level engineering experience - Preferred
* Previous experience in technical sales - Preferred
* A broad and deep knowledge of TE technologies and product portfolio and the relevant customers application/s.
* Ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities in line with business plans.
* High level of written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate in English.
* Flexibility in working days and travelling (50-75%).
* Valid driver s license.
* Business Acumen
* Customer Focus
* SPIN Selling Methodology
* Drive for Results (focus on perseverance & tenacity)
* Interpersonal Savvy
* Presentation Skills
* Creativity (with focus on innovation)
Problem Solving (especially complex technical problems)