Field Application Specialist I (Genomics Field Application Scientist)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Bio-Rad has an immediate need for a Field Application Specialist. In this role, you will be an integral member of the Sales Team providing technical expertise to customers in the field.
Working independently or with Sales Representatives, the Field Application Specialist calls on customer labs to provide pre and post sales technical support on real-time PCR (qPCR), digital droplet PCR, and supporting reagents, assays and content. This includes performing pre-sales presentations, product demonstrations, and technical seminars for individuals and groups in response to field sales requests.
This role requires bench work running qPCR plates and digital PCR assays. The FAS is expected to excel in analysis of data, troubleshooting, and optimization for each of these technologies. The FAS is often involved in experimental design, assay design, and reporting of results.
The position will cover Academic accounts in the Northwest region of the US and will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
This position requires 40% travel time in the Northwest region of the U.S.
* MS in Life Sciences minimum, PhD preferred.
* Minimum 3-5 years experience of qPCR techniques, qPCR assay design and optimization mandatory.
* 3-5 year experience in the Life Science industry preferred.
* Experience with different qPCR instruments a plus. Digital PCR and related molecular biology techniques and practices also a plus.
* Strong verbal (oral and written) and presentation skills required.
* A combination of expert troubleshooting and interpersonal skills are the keys to success in this position.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.