Field Applications Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Tokyo Electron America, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDriving success happens daily here. Tokyo Electron America, Inc. employees foster strong partnerships with TEL s US customer base. We market a wide range of semiconductor production equipment (SPE) products and provide outstanding service and support to U.S. semiconductor device manufacturers. TEL's world-renowned products and technologies support diverse customer needs for the manufacture of increasingly sophisticated semiconductors.
* Develop new or modified processes for maintaining and improving the operation of semiconductor equipment.
* Provide hardware support on both sustaining and continuous improvement activities to our internal and external customers.
* Compile and analyze test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications.
* Work with design, sales and marketing groups, along with other functional areas, to recommend and prepare changes, and modifications, which will facilitate manufacturing.
* Provide design of experiment and SPC techniques for tool and process optimization.
* Interact directly with internal and external customers by creating and presenting reports and analysis of work.
* Communicate effectively verbally and in written form to explain hardware work and influence customer interactions.
* Self-manage multiple, complex, long-term projects by creating project tracking documentation, organizing meetings and performing project management tasks.
* Responds to situations by going onsite where standard procedures have failed to isolate or fix problems in non-functioning equipment systems or software.
* Responsible for leading change control, writing and/or approving BKM.
* Establishes cost down projects for Intel customer (data is based upon usage from either NCDR, IPR, cost per wafer, etc.)
* Regional Approval for NCDRs
BS or MS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering preferred, with 0-5 years hands-on experience in etch processing equipment . Design of experiment experience with Strong data analysis skills are required. Individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to travel.
Job duties may be performed in confined areas in a clean room environment, in awkward positions and/or in high places. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds may be required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc. Occasional overnight travel to TEL factory, training facilities and customer locations may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Tokyo Electron is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.