Field Based - Manager I, Reimbursement & Market Access - Eastern Region 1 Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Boston
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: US-CT-Hartford; US-FL-Orlando; US-MD-Baltimore; US-NC-Raleigh/Durham; US-NJ-Central; US-NY-New York City; US-PA-Philadelphia; US-RI-Providence
REQUISITION ID: 286709
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In the Endoscopy division, we provide advance technologies for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Malignant & Benign Tumors, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases, Gastrointestinal Cancers and Abscesses. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Balloon Dilation, Stenting, ERCP/Cholangioscopy, Biliary, Biopsy and Polypectomy, Hemostasis, Radio Frequency Ablation and Enteral Feeding. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Endoscopy treatments.
A fundamental priority for this position will be developing and executing sustainable business plans to ensure that patient access and reimbursement strategies are aligned with both corporate and division business objectives. This position will provide regional support and develop and execute tactical plans related to reimbursement, health economics, value and costs that drives acceptance of GI and Pulmonary Endoscopy (Endoscopy) products by key hospitals, physicians and local payer organizations.
PRIMARY LOCATION: U.S. FIELD BASED POSITION (LOCATED CLOSE TO MAJOR AIRPORT)
Support implementation of health economics and reimbursement strategies and activities for BSC working with divisional staff and key internal and external stakeholders:
- Develop and implement reimbursement, health economics and market access strategies to promote growth in the GI and Pulmonary Endoscopy businesses.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Clinical and Reimbursement & Health Economics teams to anticipate market needs and inform the development of customer-facing tools, economic models and other tactical elements of reimbursement to maximize patient access to BSC Endoscopy technologies.
- Implement regional reimbursement plans to support physician and facility customers by identifying reimbursement issues, defining solutions and creating reimbursement / hospital economics successes.
- Provide direct reimbursement and health economics support to customers working with the sales organization to help drive acceptance of Endoscopy products.
- Deliver reimbursement education, training and resources for the sales organization and customers to ensure best-in-class reimbursement services.
- Support relationships with local physician champions to support interactions with hospital administrators and/or local and national payer organizations.
- Track regional reimbursement methodologies and trends to support strategic and tactical planning.
- Engage with local, regional and national payers to drive coverage and appropriate reimbursement for procedures using Endoscopy products on label.
- Align with Health Economics and Reimbursement, clinical and other scientific resources across Endoscopy to provide credible evidence and information that address customer information needs across the portfolio and customer solutions
The successful candidate will have excellent technical skills in the areas of health economics and reimbursement as well as significant hands-on experience proactively impacting coverage, coding and reimbursement changes with federal, state, and private payers. The position requires the candidate to be current in the field and able to work in a wide array of settings with various stakeholders.
- Minimum 3-5 years in reimbursement, preferably with experience working with new medical technologies in the medical device or pharmaceutical arena
- Demonstrated responsiveness and sense of urgency when pursuing goals and completing tasks
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the health care industry
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, manage multiple projects
- Ability to work with ambiguity and continuously adapt in a rapidly changing atmosphere
- Experience and comfort with complex concept sales involving changes in customer behavior or care-pathway in response to clinical unmet needs
- The desire and capability to personally do heavy lifting - this role is ideal for candidates who enjoy both strategy and execution
- Understanding of medical device or pharmaceutical industry reimbursement environment
- Understanding of hospital financial systems and management practices
- Detailed knowledge of US health care financing system including payment systems of key payers including Medicare and commercial payers in all sites of service
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including developing relationships at all levels in an organization and directly influencing business objectives
- Proven track record working with providers and payers to provide reimbursement and market access support and resolve reimbursement and market access issues
- Experience working as part of both functional and cross-functional teams desirable
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated skills in account management and customer service
- Medical device or specialty pharmaceutical / biologic reimbursement and market access experience preferred
- Experience with legislation desirable
- Experience developing and implementing risk share programs desirable
- Strong facility with clinical and economic data desirable
- Bachelor or Master's Degree (preferred). Coursework or degree in business, health economics, public health, health services research, epidemiology, biostatistics, health care administration or related discipline desirable.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Applications, MS Access).
- Travel up to 65%.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Boston||US-CT-Hartford; US-FL-Orlando; US-MD-Baltimore; US-NC-Raleigh/Durham; US-NJ-Central; US-NY-New York City; US-PA-Philadelphia; US-RI-Providence||Health Economics & Reimbursement||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Regional Manager, Accounts Payable, Pharmaceutical, Marketing Manager, Manager, Management, Finance, Science, Marketing