Field Based - Manager, Market Access & Reimbursement (West) Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION: US-CA-Los Angeles
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: US-AZ-Phoenix; US-CA-San Francisco; US-CO-Denver; US-NV-Las Vegas; US-OR-Portland; US-WA-Seattle
REQUISITION ID: 286708
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) we offer solutions for treating irregular heart rhythms and heart failure, and protecting against sudden cardiac arrest. Boston Scientific develops, manufactures, and markets a broad array of products and services that enable less-invasive care for some of the most threatening cardiac conditions. We've been expanding indications and conducting pivotal research for nearly 20 years, resulting in increased access to the lifesaving and life-enhancing benefits of ICD and CRT therapies
Boston Scientific is leading the way in the structural heart space in providing treatment for stroke reduction and atrial fibrillation with the first left atrial appendage closure (LAAC) technology approved in the U.S. We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager I, Health Economics and Reimbursement (HE&R) position available to promote the value of this life-changing therapy. In this field-based role, we are looking for individuals that have a strategic focus in working with sales managers and the HE&R team to highlight the value of our new emerging technologies to hospital and economic customers. The Manager will play a critical and leading role developing, communicating and executing on the value strategies that address economic and financial concerns of key decision makers and enable the business to strengthen our partnerships with hospital and physician customers.
PRIMARY LOCATION: U.S. FIELD BASED POSITION (LOCATED CLOSE TO MAJOR AIRPORT)
1.Work with external health systems to evaluate how Boston Scientific Rhythm Management products may enable in profitable operations, long-term cost containment, risk avoidance and other financially-beneficial outcomes2.Identify and understanding gaps in supporting evidence required to substantiate economic value propositions worldwide3.Develop impactful, customer facing healthcare impact/hospital impact value calculators for high priority launches and emerging procedures4.Review clinical articles and white papers to find value proof points and backup data (cost of care, diagnosis rates, etc.) in partnership with clinical and HE&R5.Translate key health economic messages to customers in ways that most resonate with our sales and customers6.Educate the sales organization and customers on healthcare reform and value trends in the marketplace7.Identify channels most appropriate for delivering value story8.Identify and develop, with other HE&R team members, health economic and reimbursement tools to support C-suite, economic customer, and value analysis committee discussions for existing and novel technologies9.Understand competitors' strategies and benchmark our progress against competitors' efforts10.Collaborate with senior sales representatives in assessing account/customer readiness, barriers to technology challenges, and identification of potential solutions to assist with account adoption of BSC technologies
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years of Medical device or pharmaceutical reimbursement experience required
- Ability to travel up to 75% within defined geographical sales region
- Advanced Degree preferred (MBA, MHA, MPH or equivalent).
- Experience in reimbursement, health economics and/or outcomes research, preferably with experience working with new medical technologies in the medical device or pharmaceutical arena.
- Ability to interpret and integrate business strategies into actionable, value-added reimbursement and outcome planning activities
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills including developing relationships with external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions independently and to work in a fast-paced matrix environment with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of clinical and financial data relevant to healthcare systems
- Track record of developing a strategic understanding of new/emerging target customer segments and building tools/resources designed to achieve business objectives with those customers
- Proven track record in influence, leadership and building relationships with key stakeholders
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-CA-Los Angeles||US-AZ-Phoenix; US-CA-San Francisco; US-CO-Denver; US-NV-Las Vegas; US-OR-Portland; US-WA-Seattle||Health Economics & Reimbursement||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Accounts Payable, Manager, CRM, Science, Research, Finance, Management, Technology