Field Compliance Auditor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Shift : Shift:
FIELD COMPLIANCE AUDITOR
TrueBlue, Inc. is looking for a top performing Field Compliance Auditor to join its Compliance & Legal team. The position will be field based and support auditing and monitoring activities within an assigned area of responsibility to include Northern California and Oregon.
The Field Compliance Auditor is responsible for assisting the organization, primarily our Branch Operations teams, in creating an ethical culture and for ensuring compliance with laws and regulations. The position will support ethics and compliance strategies by monitoring adherence to company policies and standards. The individual will assume field based auditing and monitoring responsibilities to assess risks, and to ensure ethics and compliance issues are identified and addressed. The Field Compliance Auditor will develop and maintain a depth of understanding of service line operational processes and an advanced knowledge of business IT platforms in order to effectively risk assess, communicate, test, and identify programming issues or requirements related to compliance.
TrueBlue, Inc. is a leading provider of industrial staffing and outsourced workforce solutions. Publicly traded since 1996 and annual sales in excess of $2.5B, the company provides work opportunities to over 840,000 people through specialized staffing brands such as Labor Ready, Spartan and CLP; workforce management brands such as Staff Management, PlaneTechs and Centerline; and recruiting solutions brands such as PeopleScout.
* Works collaboratively with a variety of cross-functional teams to create an ethical culture and ensure compliance with laws, regulations and policies, in particular employment related laws including wage and hour laws, equal employment opportunity rules for the prevention of harassment and discrimination, I-9 and immigration laws and compliance with prevailing wage statutes.
* Executes audit plans to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and policies by visiting locations within assigned area.
* Independently conducts audits by understanding and assessing company processes and procedures:
* Develops work-plans and performs audit work steps.
* Assesses accuracy and completeness of data and other relevant information.
* Documents and reports findings.
* Partners with management and Compliance Counsel to implement appropriate remediation.
* Effectively communicates audit results verbally and in writing to branch staff and management.
* Performs other formal and discreet compliance reviews as needed.
* Performs field based interviews to identify compliance related concerns.
* Monitors, analyzes and reports on management action plans.
* Builds and maintains strong collaborative partnerships with key stake holders.
* Monitors, analyzes and reports on ethics and compliance trends and makes recommendations as appropriate.
* Assist Compliance leadership in annual planning, reviews and development of audit activities.
* Assists in managing ethics or compliance projects in assigned area.
* 2-4 years of experience in Compliance, Auditing, Loss Prevention, or Operational Management with a multi-unit organization.
* Bachelor s degree in business or related field desired.
* Possess or have the ability to gain subject matter knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
* Possess or have the ability to research compliance risks, audit and assess processes, validate and report findings.
* Ability to analyze new and existing laws and regulations and relate those laws to operational procedures, company policies, and industry trends.
* Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
* Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Demonstrated ability to establish positive and courteous working relationships, effectively manage competing priorities, apply critical thinking skills, and accurately complete highly detailed work with speed and accuracy.
* Ability to work within a complex environment and leverage resources to meet the needs of coworkers and management.
* Successful experience working both independently and in teams.
* Effectively communicate orally and in writing.
* Consistent exercise of discretion and judgment.
* Must be highly organized.
* Ability to travel to assigned locations (Up to 50% overnight travel may be required)
* Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Outlook, and ability to adopt new systems quickly
TrueBlue employs 6000 professionals and provides a competitive compensation package including: Company-matching 401(k); Employee Stock Purchase Program; Tuition Reimbursement; and comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision insurance.
Corporate values of integrity and respect, and our ability to exceed client expectations distinguish TrueBlue as an employer recognized by Forbes as one of the 100 Most Trustworthy Companies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.