- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Field Contract Conformance Specialist (OH)
NV5 is looking for a FIELD CONTRACT CONFORMANCE SPECIALIST IN INDEPENDENCE, OH
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
The Contract Conformance Specialist (CCS) is accountable for the day-to-day conformance responsibilities for all executed contractual arrangements of assigned capital and maintenance projects. The CCS manages the flow of documentation and communication related to the contractual relationship between Company and Contractor to ensure contractual obligations are met. The CCS facilitates the timely identification, communication and resolution of contractual matters.
The CCS interacts frequently with third parties as well as in-house departments including legal, project management, construction management, business development, system planning, procurement, contract management, project controls and other functional groups.
The CCS reports directly to the Area Construction Manager unless directed otherwise by the project director or general manager of projects. The CCS has an indirect reporting relationship to the Contract Conformance Regional Lead (CCRL).
* Assigned projects or programs with a consolidated total of up to $400MM per year.
* Assigned projects or programs each typically up to 4 years duration.
* Assigned projects or programs, including those of elevated complexity.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
* Demonstrated excellent human relations, influencing, and listening skills to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management.
* Ability to develop collaborative working relationships with other departments to achieve goals.
* Familiarity with best management practices for contracting.
* Ability to support the negotiation of complex contracting issues.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and to perform work with a reasonable level of supervision.
* Ability to communicate and interact effectively in a team environment.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Excellent technical writing skills.
* Ability to effectively prioritize work in a timely manner.
* Demonstrated ability to proactively and effectively solve problems by using analytical skills to take corrective action before they become crises.
* Demonstrated proficiency working with office computer applications such as Microsoft Office.
* Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with Project Execution contracting strategy.
* Facilitate preparation of contract exhibits, which include scope, specifications, pricing, and special instructions.
* Assist in write technical contract language describing the scope, pricing, and special instructions for each assigned project.
* Coordinate with the contract management group specialist to ensure project specific functional requirements and contractor clarifications & qualifications (when applicable) are incorporate in the final contract documents.
* Support project management in contractor contract negotiations during the contract bidding and formation phases.
* Coordinate project team in its development of a project specific communication plan.
* Participate and assist with training in regard to contract conformance to team and third-party personnel.
* Review documents submitted by contractors for compliance with contract, and provide notification to contractors of non-compliance and deviations from baselines, with concurrence of team and project manager.
* Maintain contractor correspondence and documentation logs.
* Prepare and transmit in a timely fashion company generated correspondence, with concurrence of project team functional lead, construction manager and project manager.
* Manage change order process, which includes managing change order log, generating change directives, reviewing contractor requested changes, and preparing approved change orders.
* Prepare meeting agenda, participate in person at, and take & distribute meeting notes for, all contract-related meetings between company and contractor.
* Establish and implement project contract document control and retention system in compliance with company procedures.
* Review contractor submitted invoices for compliance with the requirements; distribute for review and approval by the appropriate personnel; and monitor through payment to the contractor.
* Coordinate with project team, CCRL, contract conformance manager and legal lead, as required, in resolution of contractual issues as they arise.
* Request, monitor and track service request orders (SRO) for project outside services providers throughout the project duration.
* Coordinate contract close-out with project team to ensure strict compliance with the related contracts.
* Close out project contract files and submit for retention in compliance with Company procedures.
* Prepare for and provide assistance during company and external compliance audits.
* Ongoing communication with the CCRL regarding project s contractual requirements, practices and issues, including providing weekly status updates on the CCS Flash Report.
* Bachelor s degree in an engineering, construction, legal, technical or business discipline with a minimum of 4 years of experience in legal, engineering, construction, and/or contract administration or contract conformance of construction related projects, preferably in the gas pipeline industry; or
* Associates degree with a minimum of 6 years of experience in legal, engineering, construction, and/or contract administration or contract conformance of construction related projects, preferably in the gas pipeline industry.
* Specific knowledge and experience in contracting process and issues related to energy industry construction projects.
* Fundamental understanding of intent, context purpose and utilization of all documents typically included in or required by a contract.
The CCS s primary location will be a company field office within his/her assigned project. The position requires frequent travel, approximately 35% of the time, primarily within the assigned region.
NV5 s benefits package:
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.