Field Controls Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 1/10/2017
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Arcadis is seeking a Field Controls Engineer to join our team in the Chicago office. The Field Controls Engineer (FCE) is responsible for Field Project Controls and Construction progress reporting activities.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* On a day-to-day basis, ensures that field progress is monitored, measured and input into Client s CM System.
* Supports the project with Earned Value analysis.
* Ensures the team is meeting internal Quality Assurance measures.
* Support and liaise with Construction Engineers and Field Construction Supervisors as necessary.
* Work with other members of the Project Teams to develop Labor Plans and progress strategy for each project.
* Generate Field Labor reports and disseminate to the Project Teams for analysis.
* Review Field Labor reports to help identify possible areas of concern and support the Project Teams in developing and implementing mitigation efforts.
* Assure all Labor Plans , field progress and actual hours are accurately input into Client s analysis tool.
* Conduct weekly reviews of Field Labor project reports to assure budget hours and actual hours are aligned with other project reports and tools (P6, Cost Reports, Estimates, Change Logs, etc.)
* Work with the Project Teams to compile and input progress per the specified project intervals and identify any discrepancies between Labor Plan units and units installed in the field.
* FCE will spend approximately 50% of their time in the field monitoring progress on active construction projects.
* Minimum two (2) years of experience
* Outstanding experience in MS Excel & MS Access for Data analysis and reporting purposes (Graphs &Data visualization, Pivot tables, etc.)
* Bachelor Degree or Equivalent work experience in Industrial Construction
* Registrations/Certifications required: OSHA 10 minimum
* Oil & gas or chemicals experience preferred but not required
* A valid driver s license and clean driving record is required for this position.
* Ability to read, understand, and communicate contract requirements including construction drawings and specifications and site HSSE Policies
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis U.S. requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check & drug test as a condition of employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* Savvy in Field Data Collection and Proficient in MS Excel
* Construction Management background experience.
Arcadis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.