Field Engineer Lead 9/13/2016
Electronic Consulting Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking a Field Engineer Lead to work in our Silverdale, WA office.
Professionally manage the onsite installation to PSNet define standards. Represent ECS/PSNet as a Professional to the Client and establishing yourself as the PSNet POC for all Field Related issues in your Region. Create and Maintain all required documentation for every installation in your Region. Be able to manage the work in your Region in the most efficient manner as prioritized by the Client. Support all Filed work in your Region; which is basically broken down into two categories, New Installations and PSNet NOC/Systems Support. There are defined further below:
New/Additions Installation Support
1. Gather information to assist with the design and layout a solution to support a new requirement for PSNet. The main three elements the PSNet Field Engineers are responsible to solve are Physical Space, Power and Connectivity. This task is typically accomplished by:
a. Confirming know information
b. Contacting a knowledgeable and helpful POC to assist gathering the required information
c. By physically conducting an On-Site Survey to gather the required information.
2. Provide a PSNet standard Block Diagram to document the information gathered above.
3. Assist with the numerous coordination tasks to schedule and perform the work:
a. In-Brief(s)/Out Brief(s)
b. Obtaining Proper Clearances to Access the worksite(s)
c. Estimate time to complete the work
d. Estimated required quantity and quality of Resources to complete the work
e. Travel Logistics
f. Equipment/Material deliveries
g. Identifying any Special Tools or Equipment required
h. Identify Items or Tasks that need to be subcontracted or outsourced
i. Estimated the amount and time for service interruptions
4. Provide reports while the work is being performed to keep all Stakeholders informed of the progress, any issues that arise and the resolutions to those issues.
5. Document the Work Performed
6. Perform the required Routine Maintenance as required.
PSNet NOC/Systems Support
1. Respond to and communicate with PSNet Management, PSNet Regional Field Engineers, the PSNet NOC Personnel or N6 Personnel when approached for assistance.
2. Confirm the current situation, the urgency, the required Resources, a valid POC and the plan forward.
3. Obtain Approval from the PSNet Deployment Manager or your Regional Field Engineer if travel is required.
4. Communicate with the PSNet NOC as the resolution progresses.
5. Document the resolution
* 4 Year Degree in a related Field of Study preferred or 5 Years of Work Experience as a Field Engineer with a High School diploma
* Conduct Site Surveys and produce detailed Reports
* Install, terminate and checkout Cu. (Cat6) & Fiber (SM & MM) Optic cabling.
* Testing Cat6 and Fiber Optic cable
* Install Cabinets & Equipment
* Troubleshoot, Diagnose and Repair Cu. & Fiber connectivity
* Assist in troubleshooting Network Equipment
* MS Project
* Certified Technician
* Security + Cert.
* Juniper/Cisco Cert.
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.