Field Engineer - New York, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
SGS North America
JOB DESCRIPTION* Conduct Field Evaluations in accordance with SGS CRS US program requirements.
* Deliver well-written field evaluation report along with required documentation within defined time frame.
* Effectively communicate field evaluation report results with customers.
* Review customer responses to non-compliance letter reports, as needed.
* Review pre-evaluation documents to understand objectives of assignment prior to start of service.
* Effectively schedule and execute assigned evaluation to minimize travel time and expenses.
* Provide travel and expense cost estimates as requested.
* Execute field inspection within in assigned time frame and cost estimate.
* Submit final travel and expense costs in a timely manner.
* Execute all work with a professional manner aligned with the SGS Integrity Policy.
This position does not offer Benefits - Temporary - As needed role...
PROFILE OF THE POSITION (REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS):
* Knowledge of Field Evaluation Body (FEB) Requirements NFPA 790 and NFPA 791.
* Experience with product safety standards and National Electrical Code
* Experience operating test equipment
* Experience working with certification agencies and test data preparation and submittal.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Understanding of factory/warehouse/dock safety rules and procedures.
* Passport for international travel may be required.
* Frequent overnight travel required.
* Requires 100% travel.
* Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering or suitable work experience
* Technical degree or equivalent training
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.