Field Install Spec
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "Top 40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
Description: Under direction of Service Center Operations Manager, this position is responsible for the installation of propane tanks and gas lines. Position requires a CDL license with hazmat, tanker, and airbrake endorsements, high school diploma and physical demands which include 40-50 lbs of continual lifting.
* Excavating holes for tank placement by means of backhoe operation.
* Trenching and installation of gas pipelines.
* Activation of propane systems.
* Installs, repairs, and maintains propane appliances for retail customers.
* Responsible for providing emergency response and system installation and testing.
* Loads, secures, transports, delivers, and unloads propane to and from specified destinations.
* Inspects vehicle and notifies supervisor of needed equipment, supplies, or routine maintenance.
* Prepares and maintains records in accordance with regulations and company procedures. Operates truck in accordance to established safety procedures.
* During daily interaction with customers provides exceptional customer service by supplying service information and answering inquires.
* Requires on call rotation for after hours and weekend emergency deliveries or response.
* In disaster recover situations could drive for Ferrellgas retail operations or Blue Rhino.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 5-7 years related experience
* 1-2 years backhoe operating experience
* 1-2 years irrigation experience
* 1-2 years experience working with plumbing
* 5 years propane experience
* Commercial Drivers License Class B CDL license with hazmat endorsement required
* Ability to speak, read, and write English language
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.
EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled
Keywords: CDL, propane, LP, tank, set tank, installation, removal, maintenance, repair, delivery