Field Installation Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 2/9/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
Description: Under direction of an Operations Manager, this position is responsible for the installation of propane tanks and gas lines. Position requires a CDL license with hazmat, tanker, and airbrake endorsements, high school diploma and physical demands which include 40-50 lbs of continual lifting.
* Excavating holes for tank placement by means of backhoe operation
* Trenching and installation of gas pipelines
* Activation of propane systems
* Responsible for providing emergency response and system installation and testing
* Loads, secures, transports, delivers, and unloads propane to and from specified destinations
* Inspects vehicle and notifies supervisor of needed equipment, supplies, or routine maintenance
* Prepares and maintains records in accordance with regulations and company procedures
* Operates truck in accordance to established safety procedures
* Provides exceptional customer service by supplying service information and answering inquires
* In disaster recovery situations could drive for Ferrellgas retail operations or Blue Rhino
* Participates in required on call rotation for after hours and weekend emergency deliveries or response
* Class A or B CDL with hazmat endorsement required
* 5-7 years related experience
* 1-2 years backhoe operating experience
* 1-2 years irrigation experience
* 1-2 years experience working with plumbing
* 5 years propane experience
* High School diploma or equivalent
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.
Keywords: Class A, Class B, CDL, propane, LP, tank, set tank, installation, removal, maintenance, repair, delivery