Field Operations Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
San Diego, CA
To assure SITA's competitive strength and business growth through the provision of the highest quality technical field services to SITA customers in airports or at their premises.Perform all field services activities according to SITA standards and procedures, maximizing customer satisfaction by the delivery of first class on-site field maintenance and support activities.To manage and assist the field services team to ensure service delivery quality is maintained through direct assistance in implementing and improving working processes and procedures. -For the technical competencies, an intermediate level knowledge of LAN Protocol Troubleshooting, WAN . - Troubleshooting, and LAN Equipment Configuration is necessary and knowledge/experience on specific tools is required.
Provide field operations support to internal and external customers in accordance with the terms of the customer contract and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- To ensure the correct functioning and maintenance of all internal and external customer IT equipment and services.
- Perform onsite interventions as a result of a Service Desk request as soon as possible, and within the terms of the customer contract and SLAs.
- When required, act as the customer SPOC and co-ordinate the scheduling of the onsite intervention with Customer's, internal resolver groups, and the Service Desk ensuring the highest level of customer services and communications are maintained to resolve the fault and incident within the prescribed SLA.
- Carry out local repairs of faulty equipment and services to the highest standards and co-ordinate the resolution with the appropriate resolver group.
- Ensure shortest possible repair cycle by initiating the timely return of faulty SITA and Customer equipment according to the customer maintenance contract and SLAs and monitoring closely the replacement of faulty items and spares.
- Manage the replacement of faulty equipment through the use of spares, and ensuring the timely replenishment the spare according to prescribed availability and sparing policy.
- Carry out site surveys for new customer premises for preparation for new product and services installation under the guidance of senior team members.
- Adhere to installation guidelines and industry best practices in order to deliver quality Field Operations.
- Use the appropriate tools and equipment to perform the installation, intervention, and repairs in accordance with the Field Operations guidelines and instructions where provided.
- Reporting and escalating all observed problems to proper SITA operational escalation points and/or customer escalation points.
- Carry out preventive maintenance of equipment in accordance with agreed schedules and to manufacturer specifications.
- Ensure that all the required Field Service data is provided and recorded in the correct fields in the SITA Service Hub record for all assigned Incidents & Change Orders.
- Report on the monthly performance of incidents and provide feedback to the Global Operations regional management teams.
- Perform tests on hardware and software components and be responsible for the co-ordination of local acceptance testing with Customers and 3rd parties.
- Manage local suppliers in the provision of services for the SITA Field Operations centre and report on services provided to management.
- Must have A certification or achieve certification within 6 months.
- 3 years experience in onsite support activities and repairs of PCs, Monitors, and Printers
- Must have experience with Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10
- CompTIA A certification is highly preferred OR must acquire certification within the first year of accepting the role.
- Experience of working in the Airport/Airline industry, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Operating knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge and understanding of LAN protocols
- Ability to support and troubleshoot Ethernet networks.
- Understanding and the ability to install and configure servers and workstations (Microsoft/Unix/Thin Clients) including operating system software to component level.
- Installation and configuration of end user applications and software.
- Understanding of WAN infrastructures and data communications technologies such as DSL, ISDN, Leased Lines, IP VPN, Frame Relay, ATM.
- Knowledge of ITIL and Service Management practices and procedures
- Ability to support Cisco LAN/WAN equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of VSAT required for some regions
* Hardware Install & Repair
* LAN Equipment Configuration
* LAN Topology Troubleshooting
* O/S Install & Configuration
* S/W Install & Configuration
* WAN Troubleshooting
* LAN Protocol Troubleshooting
* Airline Applications
* Adhering to Principles & Values
* Creating & Innovating
* Customer Focus
* Results Orientation
* Impact & Influence
* Leading Execution
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Diploma / Certificate level qualification in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent in country IT qualification.
- CompTIA A certification required to comply with the global SITA standard.
SITA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran. SITA does not discriminate based on age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, marital status, age, Vietnam Era Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
SITA is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to individuals with disabilities. SITA will provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed.
SITA's equal employment opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and actions, including, without limitation, recruitment, application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions.