Field Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
FIELD PROJECT MANAGER- SIMPLEXGRINNELL
ABOUT THE ROLE
* Responsible for managing fire alarm, security, communications, and sprinkler installation projects in commercial, residential, educational, healthcare and industrial facilities
* Positively representing the company in all client and architect/engineer interactions
* Oversee and communicate project progression from inception to completion including design, permits, material delivery, labor schedules, and field installation
* Develop a comprehensive project plan to meet schedules and budgets
* Conduct Work in Progress meetings
* Understand and follow all published codes, standards, and unique project specifications
* Ensure AHJ requirements and departmental/SOX procedures are followed
* Convey a sense of professionalism, fairness, and concern for customers, labor and management
* Coordinate change orders and drives toward overall margin improvement on every job
#externalREWARDS AND BENEFITS
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
* Five years fire protection, construction, alarm/detection, or related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize among assignments with a strong adherence to deadlines
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, both with internal and external customers
* Possess a strong and active working knowledge of MS Excel. Be able to create tracking spreadsheets, reference data in other spreadsheets and create macros
* Knowledge of NFPA and IEC standards, Underwriters requirements and applicable building codes preferred
* Must be organized, detail oriented and self-motivating
* Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
* Must have a valid drivers license and a driving record that meets company requirements
* Knowledge of AutoCAD is an asset