Field Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/26/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
New York City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
Our continued success and growth has produced a need for a Project Manager in our New York office.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
* Oversee and direct construction management
* Communicate directly with contractors/designers concerning project cost, staffing, and scheduling
* Prepare project status reports and work to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications
* Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and making recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
* Prepare and complete action plans, implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
* Resolve problems, complete audits, identify trends, determine system improvements & implement change.
* Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
* Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering with at least 2 years of experience in the field is desired.
* Experience in developing proposals and project management
* Possess knowledge of purchasing, job costing and project accounting systems
* Experience developing process improvements & managing a team
* Must be able to track budget expenses & planning
* Must be motivated by self-development.
* Successful applicant must be familiar with a variety of construction concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Team participation & willingness to help others succeed
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Positive attitude, attention to detail and the ability to follow through
Tycos mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
* 80% of the worlds top 200 retailers
* More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
* 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
* 300 international airports
* 100 major stadiums around the world
* Most of the Fortune 500
* 50% of US universities
* Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
REWARDS AND BENEFITS:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. SimplexGrinnell offers excellent compensation and benefits program, including educational assistance, employee stock plan and matching 401(k) plan. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. A world of opportunity awaits you at http://www.tyco.com/careers