Field Representative II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Culver City, CA
This is a remote position in the west Los Angeles area - Culver City, Santa Monica, Burbank, Glendale, etc.
Under general supervision, independently executes the timely completion of assigned work orders and other Inspection Center projects by analyzing scope and determining requirements, evaluating complex product and systems to establish requirements and preparing reports. Maintains the integrity of the UL Mark by conducting various product, device, process, system and material inspections at various site and factory locations to ensure that they are produced and marked in compliance with various applicable technical requirements. Assists in the promotion, marketing and selling of new and existing UL services. Works with internal and external customers to resolve technical and administrative issues.
* Independently performs safety and non-safety certification inspections and field evaluations in accordance with the required performance standards and requirements. Analyzes and evaluates examination and test results against applicable requirements. Uses technical judgment to determine whether noncompliance variations compromise the continued application of the UL Mark and may determine if alternative is acceptable. May audit customer quality management or assurance programs.
* Interprets and analyzes examination and test results against UL requirements, verifying the accuracy of manufacturers' measuring equipment and reviewing production and inspection records. Periodically reviews manufacturers' programs of production, inspection, and shipping to ensure products are produced and marked in compliance with UL requirements. Evaluates and facilitates options for corrective action where variations from UL requirements are noted.
* Communicates with manufacturers and customers, Authorities Having Jurisdiction and others to conduct non-safety and safety certification inspections. Investigates the misuse of UL Mark. Provides general information on policies and procedures for the varied UL services along with promoting and explaining the benefits of new and existing services. Discusses procedures, test methods, test results, sample selection and variations in products, devices, processes, systems and materials as necessary to resolve problems, implement changes to existing requirements or help develop new requirements.
* Uses instruments to perform inspections, such as micrometers, voltmeters, ammeters, and other UL supplied equipment. Observes use of manufacturer's equipment necessary to meet UL requirements. Confirms proper calibration of manufacturers' measuring equipment and may perform calibration of UL supplied equipment.
* Documents examination, variations and test results to appropriate UL forms. Maintains logs for scheduling inspections, time and expenses. Performs various calculations in more than one specific engineering field such as electrical, mechanical, chemical, or fire protection.
* Resolves process, management system and possibly engineering issues associated with Variation Notices by analyzing and reporting on the acceptability of the variations.
* Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
* Performs other duties as directed.
* Minimum Associate's Degree in Applied Science, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* General electronics background, and mechanical and technical aptitude. Basic knowledge of electrical schematics, and p roficient in technical reading and writing.
* Strong attention to detail, and s elf-motivated.
* Strong written and verbal communication, experience in conflict resolution, and client-interfacing skills.
* Ability to travel, and ability to work remotely.
* Preferred locations for remote position in west Los Angeles area - Culver City, Santa Monica, Burbank, Glendale, etc.