Field Representative (Northern Indiana territory)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Purpose:
Provides regular personal contact and service to all Mideast Area producers within a field territory in order to: 1) Maintain and grow the Mideast Area milk supply, 2) Ensure a continuous IMS-rated farm supply of milk, 3) Improve the quality of milk and 4) Administer Mideast Area policies and programs at the producer level. Actively promotes the Mideast Area in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide every producer with the specific services, information, and assistance he/she needs to produce high quality milk, stay abreast of developments in the dairy industry, and obtain the full benefits of being a Mideast Area producer. Promptly respond to all producer requests and calls including those received outside normal working hours.
* Perform thorough inspections of every producer's dairy production facility as often as required by regulations and individual farm conditions to ensure its compliance with federal and state milk sanitation laws and regulations. In states with a Certified Industry Inspection Program, maintain all licenses necessary to perform in this capacity. Take appropriate corrective action when substandard conditions are encountered. Work cooperatively with all federal and state regulatory agencies.
* Monitor producers' milk quality/component test results and provide prompt technical advice and service to those having difficulty earning quality premiums or failing to meet Grade A or local market standards. Advise producers on state-of-the-art production practices they can employ to help improve their farms margin and profitability.
* Contact all Mideast Area milk haulers in the territory regularly to develop good relationships, discuss problems, and plan ways to improve milk quality, retain current producers, and recruit new producers. Periodically accompany them on their routes to evaluate their milk weighing/sampling procedures. Take corrective action as appropriate when deficiencies are found. Work cooperatively with regulatory agencies and the Mideast Area Hauler Relations Manager to ensure that haulers are in compliance with all laws and regulations governing raw milk transport and are providing proper service to Mideast Area producers.
* Alert the supervisor and other appropriate staff to significant developments in the territory that affect the Mideast Area's relationships with producers, haulers, customers, competitors, regulatory agencies, or the public.
* Identify opportunities to bring value to members through farm services, coordinating farm visits and/or introductions for the various service providers.
* Ensure the success of Mideast Area-sponsored meetings by setting them up, encouraging producers to attend, and participating in them as appropriate. Participate in local fairs, extension meetings, dairy promotion activities, and related events to present a positive image of the Mideast Area in the community.
* Provide managers and administrative staff with complete, accurate, timely information - both written and verbal - required to effectively administer Mideast Area programs and policies.
* Arrange for all new farm milk tanks to be checked/calibrated after installation and for existing tanks to be checked/calibrated as needed to assure proper payment to producers and accurate billing to customers.
* Stay abreast of current federal and state agriculture/dairy legislative issues.