Field Safety Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Shift : Shift:
TrueBlue is connecting people and work
We believe in creating limitless possibilities for employees, workers and customers. We are guided by our values: Be passionate, be accountable, be optimistic, be respectful and be true.
TrueBlue, Inc. is a leading provider of industrial staffing and outsourced workforce solutions. Publicly traded since 1995, the company provides work opportunities to over half million people through service lines such as: Centerline, CLP Resources, HRX, Labor Ready, PeopleScout, PlaneTechs, Spartan Staffing, Staff Management, and StudentScout.
As a TrueBlue employee you can:
* Make a difference in other peoples' lives.
* Be part of a dynamic and diverse team.
* Be recognized for your contributions.
* Grow and develop personally and professionally.
TrueBlue has an opening for a Field Safety Specialist.
Area of responsibility will include the state of California.
The Field Safety Specialist provides technical support to all TrueBlue Operations to assist them in achieving their goal to reduce work-related injuries. This support includes evaluation of branch and customer worksites, training in safety and OSHA related matters, and proactive analysis of loss experience and recommendations regarding worksite safety practices.
What you ll do:
* Coaches branch staff on the Basic Safety Program Fundamentals.
* Acts as a field consultant and resource for customer specific safety issues.
* Conducts routinely scheduled visits to evaluate branches and share best practices.
* Accompanies branch staff on worksite safety evaluations and coaches them on the use of site evaluation forms. Proves branch evaluation. Provides training on safety and OSHA related activities.
* Provides Branch/District Manager with direction regarding OSHA Regulations pertaining to specific or general customer worksite safety issues.
* Reviews and develops specific customer accident information for use in evaluating loss experience. Provides input on customer site evaluation. Provides training on safety and OSHA related activities.
* Reviews On-Time Reporting report with Branch Managers to assist them in improving the timeliness of claim reporting.
* Identifies customer accident trends and develops improvement strategies.
* Assists in implementation or other support activities for Corporate Risk Management activities that impact safety.
* Ensures compliance with all aspects of Labor Ready Injury & Illness Prevention program (IIPP), and provides reports to Operations with a copy to Corporate Safety Manager regarding activities.
* Other duties may be assigned.
What you bring to the table:
* Bachelor s degree in related field and a minimum of 1-3 years safety experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook. Powerpoint and SharePoint experience preferred.
* Completed minimum of OSHA basic safety training or similar program, or other related experience. Must maintain OSHA certification.
* Experience in working with OSHA regulations, safety, and training.
* Experience with multiple location organizations, branch level operating management, and multiple layers of management.
* Ability to effectively interact with Operations (including Sales, Service & Recruiting) personnel so they are viewed to be a valuable loss prevention resource in developing practical solutions to safety issues.
* Ability to understand and communicate state and federal safety and health regulations.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Able to work with little daily direct supervision.
* Current valid driver s license.
* Ability to travel regularly with overnights as needed. Up to 50% travel may be required. Chosen candidate may be offered relocation to the geography listed above.
TrueBlue provides an excellent benefits package, which includes: 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Program, Tuition Reimbursement and comprehensive Health and Welfare coverage including Medical/Dental/Vision and prescription drug benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any