Field Sales Manager 8/17/2016
Vera Bradley Designs Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Lead Indirect Sales Consultants to achieve Vera Bradley s sales goals through entrepreneurial business development techniques. Monitor and identify sales opportunites and strategies ensuring Vera Bradley standards are achieved.
* Responsible for overseeing assigned territory and leading sales and marketing efforts within region. Responsible for strategic planning, coordination and execution of assigned team.
* Work with Director of Sales, Specialty within corporate strategies and policy frameworks to design, propose and implement sales strategies, guidelines and procedures to meet sales requirements supporting short-term and long-term business needs.
* Oversee marketing strategies aimed at strengthening Vera Bradley s sales position and profitability
* Oversee development and implementation of territory sales strategies, identification of business opportunities and pinpoint problem areas.
* Ensure territory sales goals are achieved through the effective placement and motivation of sales consultants.
* Maintain and coordinate with internal functions the flow of information related to sales activities and transactions including sales leads.
* Manage and motivate sales consultants including conducting performance reviews and supporting professional development to optimize their contributions to Vera Bradley.
* Provide leadership to Sales Managers and Sales Consultants in selling and marketing to B2B goals in profitability and expense management
* Achieve sales goals while maintaining profitability goals
* Penetrate new markets and channels of distribution within assigned region
* Manipulate data and sales opportunities to drive sales increases in existing accounts
* Act as market expert reporting on all key market developments including overall consumer and regional market trends within channel of business
* Build and nurture relationship with retailers so they further embrace the Vera Bradley brand
* Responsible for leading in-store execution for specialty account including product assortment, visual merchandising and staff training
* Work with Director, Specialty Sales to develop annual training and travel budgets and plans.
* Attend all appropriate regional and national trade shows
* Visit retailers as needed
* Lead sales process including pitch structure, follow up and delivery
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree in Business Administration or related field or related experience.
* 5+ years experience in sales management including managing field sales team Experience or knowledge of specialty and retail industries preferred.
* Experience in developing marketing strategies for improving brand awareness and sell through activity
* 2+ years directing or managing/supervising experience with proven ability to manage, coach and develop others
* Proven track record in sales, outside sales, business development and sales management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Excellent written and verbal communication across all levels of the organization with the proven ability to set and communicate team priorities
* Collaborative, while able to influence and lead and build productive cross-functional relationships
* Strong team player with excellent leadership and managerial skills
* Ability to understand internal and external customer trends and anticipates needs; assesses industry trends and identifies new solutions, product or services
* Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, and concurrently manage multiple projects
* Embraces change and continues to deliver expected results; helps and motivates others in the face of change, setbacks and constraints.
* Leads others to solve complex problems with the ability to take a broad perspective on existing solutions
* Recommends best practices and ultilizes industry knowledge to improve products, process and services
* Makes decisions guided by policies in non-standard situations with the ability to influence others to adopt a different point of view
* Ability to guide others through training and development feedback; helps create realistic career plans
* Suppports talent and workforce planning strategies that align with business goals
* Strong presentation skills
* Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software including excel and powerpoint
* Detail oriented
* Strong public speaking and presenting skills
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Office and retail environment. Utilizing an office desk sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
* Valid driver s license with good motor vehicle record. Must be 21 years of age and must carry company mandated liability limits.
* Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
* Frequent travel to visit Sales Consultants and attend gift shows as needed
* Extensive overnight travel required (40-60%)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to applicationassistance@VeraBradley.com. Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.