Field Sales Representative (Utilities/ BURNDY) - Philadelphia, PA 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Founded in 1924, BURNDY manufactures electrical connectors and installation tooling and wiring accessory products for the commercial, industrial and the electric utility markets. We are world-renowned for our robust product lines, commitment to innovation and exceptional customer-centered service.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It s this talent that we consider to be our company s greatest asset. As such, we are invested in your success.
BURNDY offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! We also offer great opportunities for Professional development and training: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Six Sigma training, Toastmasters and more!
When you work at BURNDY, you can expect an environment where your expertise can engineer, build and supply the framework to merge the company s success with your own.
Responsible, within an assigned geographic territory, for the sales of electrical connectors, installation tooling and accessory products to distributors, end users and contractors. Additionally, is responsible for working with Engineers and Consultants in furthering the specifications of Burndy products.
* Specification is key to the growth of Burndy's business. An FSR needs to understand our position in comparison to our competitors, and be able to articulate the features, advantages and benefits of our line.
* Travels throughout assigned territory to service existing customers with training and certification classes.
* Monitor and follow up on provided vertical market leads (Corporate provided).
* Demonstrate products by using samples, videos and catalogs to emphasize unique Burndy features. As new product is launched, the FSR acts as the feet on the ground in conjunction with our corporate launch.
* Provides information on prices, credit terms and other term conditions of sales. Estimates date of delivery to customers, based on knowledge of delivery schedules.
* Prepares reports monthly on business conditions, lost opportunities, and keeps expense account records.
* Works within assigned expense budget.
* Meets or exceeds sales quota on quarterly and annual basis.
* Manages and submits paperwork for distribution cooperative funds (a percentage of our partners business is invested in jointly marketing our product and their relationship.
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
* One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Proficient computer skills
* Driver s license required
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.