Field Sales Training Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Redwood City, CA
This position reports to the Director, Commerical Training and is responsible for the full continuum of training for Field Sales including new hire and on-going continued education programs. These training programs will be varied by specific training needs, and will include product specific training, disease state training and other professional development programs to benefit newly hired and experienced Regional Urologic Liaisons (RUL). As a field sales-based position, this job requires one-on-one collaboration with field trainers and regional work with RULs, as well as partnership with the training team, Regional Managers (RMs), Genomic Science Liaisons (GSLs), and Marketing.
Develop and implement the initial sales training program for newly hired sales professionals. This will include communicating and coordinating the training programs both in Redwood City and at the regional level, creation of pre-training materials, and development of program agenda and management of the training program
* Responsible for identifying, developing and managing continuing education for the entire sales force to result in the best trained, most knowledgeable and professional sales organization
* Conduct ongoing Assessment of the training needs of the Prostate Field Sales organization and assess the effectiveness of the training programs to ensure internal customer needs are met.
* Coach and train ROLs in the field on a one-on-one and group/classroom setting basis. Conduct train the trainer sessions to field trainers and RM s on the roll-out of training initiatives.
* Partner with sales and marketing leadership to provide continuing sales training and education of the sales team through workshops at the national and regional sales meetings. In addition, provide continuous refinement of all training materials utilized in training programs.
* Collaborate with Marketing, Medical Affairs and Training to determine what new publications, products, programs, product launches and initiatives should be introduced and what the training needs are for their success in the field.
* At the direction of the Regional Managers, work with sales professionals throughout the U.S. to assist in account development and implementation of key tactics within geographical territories; and as required develop individualized training programs to assist in specific skill development as identified by the Sales Leadership Team.
* Support the training team in the selection of vendors, as necessary, for the development and delivery of training materials.
* Develop training materials by partnering with medical, marketing and sales.
* Develop interactive workshops for classroom training based on the needs of the field and market.
* Provide input and development to web-based learning tools.
* Support in the implementation of a training portal and learning management system (LMS).
* Strong organizational, planning, implementation and execution of project management skills
* Strong verbal and communication skills and strong presentation and facilitation skills
* Self-starter with results orientation
* Ability to manage multiple priorities based on changing business needs
* Ability to facilitate meeting and encourage broad participation from others
* Ability to tailor training/presentation based on audience
* Experience working with cross-functional departments
* Have a strong understanding of molecular diagnostics and oncology and the ability to communicate/teach to others
* Complete understanding of adult leaning principles with a demonstrated ability to apply those principles in a medical environment
* PC, MS Office skills
* B.S or B.A. degree
* 8+ years of pharmaceutical / biotechnology experience
* Prior sales training experience preferred; highly successful oncology sales experience representing leadership in your region
* Seen as a leader by his/her peers and leadership
* Experience launching a pharmaceutical / biotechnology product is a plus but not required
* Sales leadership experience a plus but not required
* KOL relationships (Prostate) a plus but not required
* Travel Requirements: 50% Travel
* Suitable vehicle, valid automobile insurance, valid driver s license, good standing DMV record
* Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
* Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary;
* Use of computer, and or telephone for long periods of time may be necessary.
* A considerable amount of time can be spent listening, and communicating including face to face discussions clients and other people
* Some time may be spent communicating in various written forms including presentation material and email with other people
* At times, stress may be experienced
* Considerable amount of work performed within a home office
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit,www.GenomicHealth.comand follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth,Facebook,YouTubeandLinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.