Field Service Electrician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 5/22/2017
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE:
Field Service Electrician
Established in 1946, Bergelectric Corp. has made its mark on the construction industry by providing the highest quality electrical and technology systems. We are one of the largest, privately held, electrical contractors in the United States. During the last decade, Engineering News Record (ENR) has consistently ranked us among the top 20 specialty contractors. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive medical benefit packages, Paid Time Off, 401(k) and a pension plan.
Function as a Foreman for Bergelectric Corp.; monitoring installations and ensuring work is performed according to Bergelectric Corp. standards and project specifications. Work cooperatively with the general contractor and/or customer in managing the project, project schedule and employees. Responsible for maintaining productivity, safety, quality control, labor cost, scheduling, movement of manpower, procurement of materials and any other activities impacting the successful completion of the project.
This key position is responsible for providing electrical service, installation and troubleshooting of electrical applications. The electrician will respond to service calls on commercial, industrial & all aspects of the electrical industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and accept each essential responsibility.
* Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, conduit, cable, equipment, components, and devices associated with electrical equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
* Installing and mounting electronic controls, devices, panels, sensors, and components.
* Testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using test devices.
* Inspecting installation sites and studying work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
* Diagnosing malfunctioning systems and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
* Read and understand contract drawings.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical Demands: The employee may require the ability to do the following:
o Lift 50 lbs from ground and pull 50 lbs of force.
o Perform ladder climbing, wire pulling and conduit pulling.
o Fully squat, stoop or kneel while wearing a 25 lb tool belt.
o Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions such as grasping or manipulating wires.
o Work off of ladders, man lifts or reach booms.
Working Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to:
o A variety of weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, heat, etc.
o High noise levels
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employment is contingent upon the individual maintaining a current Journeyman Wireman License (if required by the applicable state, city or county).
Bergelectric Corp. is an equal opportunity employer that sees diversity as a positive force in a drug-free workplace. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled /VEVRAA Contractor