Field Service Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Cascade Microtech Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: Field Service Engineer
LOCATION: Beaverton, OR
JOB ID: 416-650-106
# OF OPENINGS: 1
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
Cascade Microtech, a FormFactor Company, is a worldwide leader in the design, development and manufacture of advanced wafer probing solutions. Our employees drive our vision of becoming the leading provider of microelectronic solutions through our guiding Cascade values. We believe that principles such as innovation, striving to achieve, focusing on customer success, building world class practices, transparency and teamwork will enable our success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees through the big things like a generous PTO plan, outstanding insurance and an employee stock purchase program. We also have the little things that make up a great workplace like our High 5 Employee Recognition Program, coffee stations, chili cook-offs, Hood to Coast teams and on site showers and bike-racks. If you want to be part of a high tech global leader and share our commitment to doing the right thing, then come join our team today!
We are currently seeking a FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER to join our team. The Field Service Engineer performs on site customer support activities for complex probe station systems in North and South America. This role provides on-site product installation, integration, service and customer training primarily for local area customers to include Intel Corporation. The Field Service Engineer also acts as a customer liaison to the factory in order to report defects or advocate for customer requests. This is a critical role requiring the successful candidate to assume responsibility for customer satisfaction and promote and maintain positive relations with our customers.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform on-site installation, preventative maintenance, routine repair and calibration for probe stations and systems.
* Interacts with customers as a professional in a professional way, ensuring a solid ongoing relationship with the client.
* Provide troubleshooting and product technical support over the telephone and in person.
* Provides technical expertise to assist in making product enhancements and system modification recommendations to the client and factory.
* Assist with developing service policies and procedures.
* Interface with factory based tech-support, sales applications and engineering groups for product support.
* Trains customers on equipment operation and performs maintenance on Cascade Microtech, Inc. equipment.
* Acts as a liaison between the customer and the company to ensure that outstanding service is being provided to the customer.
* Travels to sites in North and South America to provide on-site service.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* Associates degree in Electronics, Military training in electronics or related field.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in field service.
* Demonstrated troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated semiconductor testing equipment.
* Outstanding ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and with external customers and suppliers.
* Minimum of 3 years experience providing customer training and support.
* On-wafer probe station and wafer test applications knowledge highly desirable.
* Experience with refrigeration/thermal systems preferred.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Demonstrated experience managing a wide service territory to include scheduling and travel.
* Ability to travel overnight up to 50 - 90% within the territory or other areas as needed.
* Must have and maintain valid US Passport with the ability to travel internationally as well as a valid US driver s license.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier equipment with assistance.
Cascade Microtech, a FormFactor Company, is a VEVRAA Federal subcontractor and an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Candidates must be qualified to work in the United States.
Apply for this Position
Cascade Microtech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cascade Microtech plays an essential role in the semiconductor industry producing tough,
reliable, innovative testing technologies for IC development and production.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and social
responsibility. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging
environment. Cascade Microtech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.