Field Service Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONHill-Rom is a $2.6B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
The duties of the Field Service Engineer position are to provide warranty, contract and fee for service support to our established system install base in the healthcare environment. Other duties include, but are not limited to Move, Add/Change, as well as, supplemental implementation responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure that system hardware and software are functioning optimally per customer expectations
* Resolve operational issues in a variety of hardware/software solutions at client sites using established troubleshooting techniques
* Perform on call responsibilities per specified schedule, or as otherwise prescribed by the supervisor.
* Fulfill administrative/documentation requirements relative to all Service and Implementation activities.
* Foster and enhance customer relationships in local area of responsibility.
* Perform system preventive maintenance services per protocol.
* Ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained, while considering business unit goals and fiscal responsibilities.
* Strong organization skills, detail orientation and the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and prioritize work.
* Possess ability to work through escalated issues in an effort to resolve them in the most efficient and effective manner.
* Supplement new system implementations and perform move, add /change services to existing systems.
* Work individually or cross-functionally to reach positive outcomes relative to system/product related issues.
* Maintain network and server documentation as required by protocol.
* Act as a technical liaison with all business partners and internal/external Hill-Rom stakeholders.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
* Demonstrates a proactive approach towards safety, health, and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer regulations.
* Ability to meet requirements of all credentialing entities, (i.e., Vendormate, RepTrax, VCS)
* Provide continuous improvement feedback both written and verbal to enhance products and processes.
* Adherence to all company policies and procedures. Effectively implement service policies and procedures to support company objectives, including service documentation, SOP/WI training, expense reporting, maintenance of test equipment and filing and record keeping systems in accordance with standard work.
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QualificationsEDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* This position requires a BS in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience in a multi-site, professional services firm supporting non-technical users.
* Minimum 3 years' network infrastructure experience.
* Experience configuring, setting up and servicing PC-based systems.
* Preferred telephony experience.
* Experience in network security.
* Preferred certification in: CCNA, CCNE, CNE, MCSE, MCDBA, Security +, A+, Network +
* Broad understanding of deploying and supporting Microsoft Windows platforms, inclusive of Windows 2000, 2003, and 2008), SQL 2000, 2005, and 2008, IIS server and associated networked systems.
* 3 years' minimum experience in a field service related environment, with a proven track record.
* Candidates should possess strong oral, written and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate at all levels with our internal and external customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veterans/Disabled Persons