Field Service Manager 9/16/2016
Gerber Technology, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
For nearly half a century, Gerber Technology has been helping companies around the world develop, manufacture and take their products to market smarter, faster and more efficiently. Today, the company provides integrated software and hardware solutions to more than 78,000 customers in the aerospace, construction, furniture, fashion & apparel, transportation, technical textiles, packaging, wind energy and sign & graphics industries, including over 100 Fortune 500 companies in 130 countries.
The Field Service Zone Manager manages the field service personnel who perform on-site routine services including installation, maintenance and repair of Gerber equipment. The Zone Manager oversees the scheduling and training of field service engineers. Responsibilities also include handling service contracts and directing support services. Using sound judgement and creativity, this high profile resource will play an integral role in Gerber Technology's Field Service organization.
This position will operate out of southern or central (bay area) California.
* Optimize Field Service Engineers (FSE) schedules to ensure adequate service coverage within the defined territory of service while maintaining targeted cost control.
* Ensure that best in class services are delivered to our customers by all field members.
* Maintain effective communication throughout all business units and our customers to coordinate resolutions to equipment problems.
* Work as a team with Sales, Technical Support, Customer Service, Product Management, Engineering, Credit and Collections and Operations.
* Use data to perform root-cause analysis. Focus on customer or financial impacts to the business.
* Oversee scheduling of FSE s for all installations activities and projects.
* Manage Field Service Engineers, PTO and flex days scheduling.
* Monitor and meet Service Level Agreements for our customers.
* Accountability for consignment inventory.
* Review and approve time schedules and field expense reports.
* Complete assigned tasks given by Director of Service, Americas.
* Develop and coach field service personnel.
* Work independently with minimal supervision.
* Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor s degree in a business or technical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Outstanding interpersonal skills and the experience of dealing directly with customers is a critical success factor. Knowledge of the flexible goods industries, SAP skills, and Spanish fluency are beneficial, but not required.
* Bachelor s Degree in Business, Engineering or related technical field or relevant experience.
* 10+ years of experience in a related technical field.
* 2+ years' experience managing remote work teams.
* Strong technical aptitude across electrical, mechanical, and/or manufacturing disciplines
* Proficiency with Microsoft OFFICE skills; PowerPoint, Word, Excel
* Ability to work independently with attention to details in all operations.
* Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work with a positive can do attitude.
* Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent customer-facing skills: professional, patient and courteous
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Position requires some travel domestically and internationally.
Gerber Technology, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, gender, age, veterans status, disability, or sexual orientation.