Field Service Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Field Service Manager (Lawrenceville, GA)
Airgas is one of the nation's leading single-source suppliers of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 16,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Direct management responsibility for all Field Service Technicians including hiring, training, and safety. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: associate coaching, training, performance management, policy compliance, and discipline.
* Ensuring that safety is regularly communicated as the number one priority for our Field Service Techs including but not limited to safety training, good catch, monthly safety meetings, safety contacts, online training through WB manager, and compliance with the all Safety policies.
* Establish and communicate specific safety policies and operating procedures relevant to field service in consultation with EHS and Engineering.
* Work with Sales, CSR's, and Regional Managers to oversee scheduling for all Field Service jobs to ensure jobs are completed safely and by the most efficient and profitable way and to address any customer issues or concerns.
* Administer and manage service agreements (inspections, Scope of Work, new service agreements, etc.)
* Define Field Service asset requirements by location and plan, budget, and acquire necessary equipment.
* Oversee all Field Service equipment maintenance and documentation (repairs, monthly inspections, annual and five year testing, etc.) including interacting with Warner Fleet Services, as needed regarding driver and equipment issues and tracking.
* Establish and update standard technician labor billing rates and parts and equipment markup in consultation with Sales, Engineering, and Finance.
* Manage the preparation of select job bids including scope of supply, parts and service costing/pricing. Will work with local account managers as needed for special or large jobs.
* Financial responsibilities will include managing the monthly expenses for the field service team, performing a monthly review of work orders, preparing quarterly preparing capital budgets and project requests, and ensuring projects stay on budget.
* Project management and support of large scale internal and customer projects from the conceptual stages through planning, engineering, procurement, construction oversight, and start-up - functioning as lead - including on site management as needed for large projects.
* Maintain budgets and schedules and take action to assure project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget
* Provide engineering expertise and ammonia specific expertise to Field Operations personnel, Field Sales personnel and customers
* Create and implement process controls/work procedures and drive continuous improvement including implementing best practices to all Field Service Techs and organizing and leading the annual FS meeting to support this effort.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Mechanical aptitude with a hands-on mentality is required for success in this role.
* Engineering degree - minimum B.S. - preferably in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
* 5 years of experience in an engineering project management position including experience working with mechanical and electrical equipment and the ability to read/interpret drawings.
* 5 years direct management experience with 10 direct reports including hourly workers, multi-site management experience preferred.
* Past financial experience including responsibility for managing budgets in excess of $1 million, experience creating budgets, and experience with job estimating/bidding
* Direct experience working with industrial gases, chemicals, and/or petrochemical industries required. HAZMAT, Ammonia, and/or Refrigeration experience strongly preferred
* Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project software
* Knowledge of Safety and Regulatory/DOT/OSHA/EPA Compliance.
* Good oral and writing skills as well as strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work across all functions and represent the company professionally at customer meetings.
* Excellent organizational skills required for success in this role.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to talk, hear, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
* Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
* Travel - driving and airline flights - estimated 50-75% of time
* Must be capable of wearing a chemical respirator if necessary
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Office environment
* Industrial Chemical Plants - Process Equipment, piping, chemicals
* Industrial Construction Sites - In progress construction sites with construction equipment and partially completed structures.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability