Field Service Professional
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Compact Power Equipment Services
White Plains, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONSeeking CUSTOMER FOCUSED, Energetic, Problem Solvers, to join our growing TEAM!
MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY
Compact Power Equipment Services (CPES) is a nationwide service company specializing in the Light Construction, Light Industrial and Machine Tool markets, has the ability and expertise to service a large array of equipment. With over 300+ highly trained technicians throughout the United States and Canada, dedicated internal customer care personnel and a sophisticated parts management system, Compact Power Equipment Services is a leader in the service industry.
Field Service Technician - As a Field Service Professional you will maintain a variety of light industrial equipment found in retail locations and manufacturing facilities, such as paint shakers, carpet carousels, checkout stand, blind cutting machines, shopping carts, and lifts. You must be a self-starter, eager to hit the road and derive great satisfaction in getting customer's equipment up and running. Generally provide maintenance and repairs in various locations within a 1.5 hour radius of your home. The hours for this position are based on customers maintenance needs and will vary.
* Be customer-focused, strive to delight the customer
* Be available and accessible by phone and computer daily as required
* Maintain, trouble-shoot and service light industrial equipment both mechanically and electrically
* Troubleshoot, adapt, and resolve/repair all issues to keep equipment functioning properly
* Test each system after service/repair is complete to ensure the system is functioning properly
* Perform proper inspection of customer system to prevent future issues
* Explain each service and repair performed to customers
* Use sound judgment to deal with and eliminate safety related issues
* Provide detailed and clear service reports, turning them in daily
* Read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics as required
* Use computer applications for word processing, modify excel spreadsheets, inventory control and reporting
* Provide daily reports and communicate regularly with store managers, District Managers and home office personnel
* Make phone calls and processing paperwork in accordance with CPES policies and procedures
WE OFFER: Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit, and 401K and excellent career growth opportunities.
Requirements for the Field Service Professional:
* Must have reliable transportation and valid Driver's License with proof of insurance and good driving record
* Versatile equipment maintenance repair skill set
* PLC and Welding experience - Light welding beneficial
* Ability to adhere to OSHA regulations including, but not limited to fall protection, lock-out tag-out procedures
* 1-3 years wrench in hand experience (mechanical, engineering, electrical, copiers, or cable installation (Experience limited to only computer/IT repair and installation is not generally a fit for this role.)
* Must be able to read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics as required
* Ability to sit, stand and drive for extended periods of time. Lift 80 lbs. Climb 15+ ft.
* Must reside within 15-20 miles of the target city
* Must have standard tools used in the craft, a computer and scanner with high-speed internet access
* Be a self-starter, driving customer satisfaction with a passion for equipment maintenance
* High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School