Field Service Rep/Driver - Peoria, IL
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Field Service Rep is responsible for delivery, pick up, maintenance, cleaning and quality control of the Company's medical equipment. This position will play a key role in ensuring the company's products are in compliance with infection control procedures set forth by the company in accordance with government regulations. Additionally, this position provides 24/7 delivery, pickup and service support for products in customer accounts in a timely and professional manner. This position requires direct customer contact.
* Prepare medical equipment and appropriate documentation for delivery to customer facilities and patients.
* Load and unload medical equipment at customer facilities as well as at the company's service center location.
* Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with various levels of internal and external customers providing excellent customer service.
* Perform critical care medical equipment placements which can include conducting technical in-service to medical staff on product function and use. Potential for assisting in patient transfer.
* Manage patient and hospital experience with company products/devices through regular and routine rounding activities including appropriate documentation of actions.
* Use of hand-held device to complete on-site deliveries and pick-ups of medical equipment. Provide appropriate documentation of activity to the customer.
* Ensures accurate location of company equipment on site and help to facilitate the process of locating misplaced equipment at a customer facility.
* Drive a company fleet vehicle (van or box truck) to conduct deliveries and pick-ups.
* Maintain vehicle appearance by ensuring all routine vehicle maintenance is completed and records maintained.
* Using cleaners and solvents to clean and disinfect, then perform quality control checks on medical equipment.
* Troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs using hand tools.
* Responsible for adhering to work and safety instructions, work scheduled shifts and meet required performance standards.
* Conforms to, supports and enforces all company policies and procedures.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment including 5S activities. Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and comply with the standards for Continuous Improvement.
* Participates in service activities that includes collections, inspections, service calls and demos
* Participates in simple repairs and preventative maintenance when appropriate
* Participates in any and all reasonable work activities as assigned by management including but not limited to participation in Getinge special initiatives and programs.
* Participates in the on-call rotation to provide 24/7 coverage.
* Demonstrate Getinge core values in daily activities.
* Minimum of 2 year of customer facing service experience.
* Distribution or field operations experience preferred.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet the qualification of a Motor Vehicle Report review/inspection.
* Ability to meet the Department of Transportation (DOT) physical requirements along with continuing recertification as required by DOT.
* Demonstrated experience with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook); ERP systems and knowledge of databases preferred; experience utilizing handheld and desktop computing devices.
* Strong organizational and communication skills (oral and written communication); effectively able to articulate ideas.
* Solid interpersonal skills sufficient to develop and maintain cooperative working and business relationships with others.
* Strong customer service skills and strong, hands-on technical skills; experience using hand tools to trouble shoot and perform minor repairs to product equipment.
* Demonstrated skill set with cleaning and disinfecting equipment and adhering to quality control processes.
* Ability to effectively follow and comply with standard work processes/procedures as established by the Company
* Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
* Ability to travel by commercial air service to attend scheduled business and corporate functions.
* Ability to learn new technologies and apply them to current environments.
* Ability to deal effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
* Ability to completely maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
* Ability to complete all designated training programs required for the position.
* Ability to work flexible hours and weekends to meet business/customer needs.
* This position job has been established to support the transport, delivery, pick up and service of company medical equipment, including loading and unloading medical beds from company vehicles, lifting up to 75 pounds pushing and pulling objects up to 135 pounds to move, deliver and service products.
* While performing the duties of this job, the Service Consultant will be frequently standing, walking and sitting.
* The Service Consultant must have the ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment, machinery and/or company vehicles. In addition, the position requires the ability to comprehend work instructions and safety requirements to enter information into work logs and existing computer systems. Finally, the position requires the ability to work with solvents and cleaners to disinfect products in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment.
* Ability to travel by car or public transportation as needed.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Getinge Group is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability