Field Service Rep I HW 8/10/2016
Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Field Service Rep I HW
Auto req ID
Business Unit Name
Customer Support Services (OCSS)
POSITION: Field Service Representative Linear Accelerators
LOCATION: Hammonton, NJ
COMPANY: Varian Medical Systems is the world's leading manufacturer of medicaldevices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions withradiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy, and brachytherapy. Our mission is to innovate, support andsimplify cancer-fighting solutions everywhere so we can realize our vision ofliving in a cancer-free world. Along with embodying the way we work, thischallenge motivates us to keep improving, collaborating and striving to achieveour goal of conquering cancer. Over the last 30 years, we ve introducedpioneering treatment techniques, equipment and software that have been used totreat tens of thousands of cancer patients worldwide.
The Field Service Representative (FSR) is the primarycontact for Varian Medical Systems (VMS) customer service and repair needsensuring that our customers equipment operates efficiently at all times. General duties include:
* Troubleshooting, servicing, and maintaining all designated VMS equipmentwithin an assigned service territory including performance of preventivemaintenance, installations and upgrades per VMS guidelines.
* Managingtime and maintaining scheduled customer appointments demonstrating the abilityto assess and prioritize the urgency of customer requests and follow-through tocompletion.
* Understandand recognize the need to escalate incidents when necessary and/or requestadditional assistance from more tenured representatives.
* Maintain effective territory management andexpense control which includes timely completion and submission of fieldservice and expense reports along with management of consignment and other requireddocumentation according VMS procedures.
* Develop andmaintain strong customer & internal relationships through the use of strongwritten, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
* Possess a minimum of a High School Degree or equivalent.
* AA/BS/Military Electronics or Electro-Mechanical Training desired. Applicants with RADAR, SONAR, Fire Control, and Avionics tech experience are highly encouraged to apply.
* BMET/CRES Certification a plus.
* Knowledge of and professional experience with tools & test equipment including but is not limited to oscilloscopes, digital volt meters, and torque wrenches.
* Knowledge of and professional technical experience with micro-computers/PC based systems
* Basic computer usage and debugging skills
* Fundamental knowledge of networks and networking techniques
* Basic understanding of imaging systems
* Familiar with tools such as: Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
* A passion for making a difference in the lives of cancer patients by ensuring that systems meet maximum uptime and perform safely and effectively
* Customer focused attitude
* Strong time management & organizational skills
* Articulate and skilled in interpersonal communication
* Fluency in English, both written and spoken
More info on products and linear accelerators can be found on http://varian.com/oncology
Key Words: LINAC, CLINAC, Linear Accelerator, Field Service Engineer, Technician, Biomedical Engineer.
Percentage of Travel Required