Field Service Representative IV
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and Business Intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries including, multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Field Support Representative IV
Location: Arlington, VA; Washington Planning Center (WPC) at the Washington DC Navy Yard
Position Summary :
Leads and executes contract-specific on-site technical support of client IT systems including support schedules, application and system installation, data migration, end-user training, ongoing maintenance, and system improvements and upgrades. Mentors, leads and trains others.
* Leads and executes significant elements of the integrated support program activities. Validates deliverables per contract requirements. Develops and monitors performance metrics and initiates corrective action. Supports trade studies for support programs for multiple platforms and systems. May assist with establishing supportability design requirements. May assist with evaluating product design for supportability and total cost of ownership and makes alternative recommendations. Leads the support elements and participates in site surveys.
* Will perform a broad range of system and application support assignments for Tomahawk Mission Planning Center (TMPC). Primary responsibilities are supporting Tomahawk Mission Planning (TMP), addressing TMPC Information Assurance (IA) compliance, providing Information Technology (IT) support, assisting test personnel with trouble shooting problems, keeping the TMP system running on a day-to-day basis, and providing phone support to remote system administrators at the Tomahawk Strike and Mission Planning Cells (TSMPC) in addition to network support.
* Will be working with Widows 7.0/8.1/10.0, Server 2008/2012, SQL Server 2008/2012, and Red Hat OS. FSR will be working with Virtual Machines (VM) too.
* May also be asked to support system installations and problem resolution at several other sites; domestic and international.
* Will need to be familiar with both software and hardware problem resolution techniques.
* Coordination and communication are key skills in this assignment. Will be working at a remote site from the rest of the TMP project and interfacing with other contractor and government employees on a daily basis. Day-to-day management will be under the direction of government management at the WPC. Must be able to determine when to request technical and programmatic support from Tapestry Solutions in St Louis, MO. Will work in concert with another Tapestry FSR already at this site.
* Oversees and performs system integration, hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture. Ensures and validates end-toend system functionality through unit and integration testing.
* Oversees and performs system monitoring using approved tools and processes to validate system health and continuous operation, including interfaces with other vendor applications. Analyzes system resource trends. Troubleshoots problems between vendor applications. Validates and performs backup and restore processes against requirements and recommends improvements as required. Maintains disaster recovery procedures to ensure business continuity.
* Identifies required technical information and processes to develop and maintain support products, engineering data and integrated support infrastructure. Coordinates between organizations and develops and implements support products. Coordinates engineering change proposals and baseline support.
* Establishes and implements security requirements. Promotes security awareness to mitigate security risks. Identifies and installs patches, modified security files, control files and data access and corrects errors. Manages users system access to meet security requirements, performs risk assessments and tests information processing systems to ensure correct functioning of data processing activities and security measures. Implements hardware and software security measures for transmission and storage of information. Documents computer security and emergency measures, policies, procedures and tests. Leads, mentors and trains others in the implementation of security and access management.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications :
Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Requires a current/active Top Secret (TS) security clearance.
Preferred Skills and/or Experience :
* Completion of Microsoft certification courses will be required. Security Plus certification is needed to access systems at all customer sites.
* Occasional travel will be required.
Occasional overtime may be required.