Field Service Technician 9/16/2016
Brooklyn Park, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role Summary:
The Field Service Technician provides technical support for MOCON customers through training, repair, PM maintenance and/or startup assistance of new and existing instruments. When in-house perform repairs and customer support in line with MOCON required performance standards.
* Perform in-house troubleshooting, repair and testing on customer instruments, as required, in a timely and accurate manner.
* Assist others in performing in-house and/or in-field troubleshooting customer's instruments.
* Complete and summit accurate Instrument Repair Log document including; Diagnosis, Estimate of Repairs and Description of Repair for each instrument.
* Provide technical and operational support to customer using phone, fax and email.
* Provide customers with SRF (Service Request Form) when in-house repair is required.
* Keep informed and maintain competence level of knowledge in new or improved methods, techniques and advanced maintenance procedures.
* Keep appropriate MOCON management personnel informed of customer issues and/or technical problems.
* Work with other departments to support the customer base.
* Interface with customers to confirm scheduling and requirements for in-field services at the customer's site.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Leadership.
Education and Experience:
* Knowledge ordinarily acquired through attainment of high school diploma, with an Associates, Technical Certificate, or Military training in electronics.
* 2 years of technical service experience.
* 1+ year experience in Field Service.
* Requires basic knowledge of electronics.
* Ability to use test equipment such as oscilloscopes and volt meters.
* Excellent organization, documentation, and prioritization skills.
* Effective internal/external communication skills with a strong customer orientation and attention to detail.
* Motivated, team player that can also work independently
* Performance of job functions requires continual repetitive effort, resulting in moderate to heavy exertion.
* Involves lifting up to 50 lbs., climbing, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting overhead on a regular basis.
* Requires strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Require up to 75% National and International travel to perform Startup Assistance, Validation or other in-field services in accordance with prescribed standards and procedures.
* When the employee is required to drive a vehicle as a representative of MOCON, a valid driver's license is required.
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Individuals with physical/mental disabilities are eligible for the position provided they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation unless the accommodation would cause an undue hardship.
* Requires a degree of concentration and attention to perform essential job functions. Achieves objectives by analyzing, evaluating and interpreting viable solutions. Periods of mental effort and concentration followed by other aspects of job with lesser concentration and attention requirements.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, manufacturing physical tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
* This is a full-time position. Standard business operation hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. These hours do not apply to all positions. Please consult with supervisor on working hours for position. Also, this position may require additional hours of work as requested by business needs.