Field Service Technician - Houston, TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhy join our Daikin Applied team?
* Factory Certified Training, Refrigeration Certification or other professional on the job training in the HVAC Industry
* The opportunity to work on all types of commercial equipment and cutting-edge technologies such as Intelligent Equipment, Magnetic Bearing Technology and VRF Technology
* Daikin Applied provides technicians with laptops, mobile devices and other technologies
Service Technician Position Summary:
Perform Maintenance of HVAC Equipment:Repair and replace defective equipment, components, or wiring. Intermediate - advanced independent diagnostics, troubleshooting, pipefitting, and brazing of CAT I, II, and III equipment. Specific equipment responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following (Category I): Water-cooled single and dual centrifugal chillers up to 200- 2700 tons, Screw chillers up to 400 tons, Air-cooled chillers up to 530 tons, Centrifugal screw Templifiers. Magnetic drive chillers 100-700 tons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Conduct Warranty Service Application:Independently inspect and test systems to verify functionality for all CAT I, II, and III equipment.
* Perform Start Ups:Verify functionality of new CAT I, II & III equipment. Educate customers on proper use of equipment, maintenance schedule, and operating manual.
* Rebuilds/Retrofits: Lead the rebuild and retrofit of a CAT I, II and III level unit. Direct technician levels I and II through hands-on demonstration of the necessary steps. Introduce centrifugal rebuilds.
* Jobsite Safety:Wear personal protective equipment when completing service tasks. Complete jobsite hazard assessment prior to initiating service. Adhere to McQuay and customer safety policies and OSHA guidelines.
* Customer Service:Demonstrate professionalism in appearance, verbal, and written communication. Interact with customer by offering status reports of service before, during, and after each call. Explain technical information to technical and non-technical audience.
* Support Sales:Communicate potential sales opportunities to the sales staff through the technician tip quote process. Identify and quote opportunities for minor repairs directly to the customer.
* Conduct Technician Training:Responsible for the mentorship of service technician levels I and II, and hands-on training of CAT I, II, and III equipment.
* Document Performance: Record and report billing, inventory, timecards, technician tip reports, product quality reports (PQR), and articles as required.
* Computer Usage:Basic data entry and ability to navigate the use of email, internet, word processing programs. Download programs into CAT I-II equipment and Micro controllers. Analyze chiller trend data to ensure optimal performance.
* Exhibit Compliance:Ensure standards, policies, procedures, and maintenance of a clean work area are upheld at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Associate's Degree or equivalent from a Technical / Trade School with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning and five (5) years related experience with increasing responsibility; or seven (7) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Valid driver's license, EPA approved Universal Technician Certification preferred, other state licenses as required.
About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled