Field Service Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONHill-Rom is a $2.6B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.DescriptionJob Summary:
The Field Service Representative performs multiple functions related to product readiness for patient utilization on a wide range of Hill-Rom rental and customer owned products. Additionally, will provide 7/24 delivery, removal, and service support for products in service centers and customer accounts in a timely and professional manner. This position requires direct customer contact and will include frequent patient transfer. Performance of minor repairs and routine parts exchange will be expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: - Other duties may be assigned:
* Engage in field and warehouse activities such as bed decontamination and product cleaning.
* Assist with equipment transfers to other service centers.
* Assist in maintaining an accurate on site inventory.
* Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and comply with the standards for Continuous Improvement.
* Delivers and removes products as well as completes functional checks.
* Coordinate parts ordering/shipping.
* Conducts technical in-service to customers.
* Uses test equipment for products assigned.
* Uses manufacturers' service manuals and documentation to provide initial troubleshooting and/or minor repairs.
* Trained and able to perform minor repairs on products. These include (Pre-Installation and Preventive Maintenance, Routine Maintenance (RM's), component replacement and minor cosmetic repairs.
* Dedicated to providing excellent customer service. Develops and maintains strong and effective relationships with various levels of internal and external customers.
* Use of the hand-held device for tracking completed and assigned work.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment including 5S activities. Safety training, meeting and medical testing requirements are kept up-to-date. Operates safely and within guidelines or regulations. Demonstrates a pro-active approach towards safety, health, and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer regulations.
* Collaborates and communicates effectively with sales, co-workers, other departments and customers.
* Exhibits excellent time management skills. Meets project deadlines (i.e. upgrades, mods).
* Participates in the on-call rotation to provide 24/7 coverage.
* Ability to learn and comply with standard work processes/procedures as established by the Company.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Priority One complaint documentation.
* Adherence to all company policies and procedures. Effectively implement service policies and procedures to support company objectives, including service documentation, SOP/WI training, expense and fleet reporting, maintenance and calibration of test equipment and filing and record keeping systems in accordance with standard work.
* All other duties assigned.
Secondary Duties, if trained
* Perform complex repairs
* Warranty work on Capital Products
* When duties require must have a valid driver's license and driving record that meets Company standards.
* 21 Years or Older
* Willingness to travel for periods up to one week.
* Previous mechanical/hands-on experience preferred
* Previous driving/delivery experience is preferred
* Perform all Essential Job Functions
* Able to perform Basic Administrative Tasks
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Education and/or Experience:
* High school diploma or GED required. Two year Associate Technical Degree preferred.
* Experience with medical devices, FDA regulated products preferred.
* Ability to use computer to perform assignments including proficient use of required software programs including MS Word, MS Excel.
* Ability to read and comprehend technical information including but not limited to technical manuals, on-line reference materials, technical bulletins, schematics, etc. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Basic mathematical skills - addition, subtraction, multiplication, division.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veterans/Disabled Persons