Field Service Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMechanical and electrical distribution and engineering company providing technical products, training, and services. Since 1961, we have been offering a range of services including simple maintenance of UPS and stationary battery systems, electrical installation of megawatt sized emergency power systems, and startup and proactive maintenance services of those systems. Our vision was built on an unstoppable entrepreneurial _spirit_, unwavering _drive_ and dedication and unsurpassed _talent_.
Here's the deal- we may not be the biggest but we strive to be the best. Our team is growing and we want people that share the same DNA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
* Evaluate customer needs and develop solutions by performing site visits and phone consultation.
* Install all makes and models, small and large, battery and power systems. Maintain existing systems.
* Perform general and preventive maintenance on Uninterruptible Power Supply systems.
* Troubleshoot critical power systems down to the root cause and perform repairs with minimum customer downtime or site operation disruption.
* Develop a strong grasp of the features and capabilities of multiple product lines. Provide expert knowledge of functionality, available upgrades and service contract needs.
* Provide clear and concise technical on-site or over the phone assistance.
* Maintain accurate and timely communication to customers and staff.
* Deliver the best solution and experience to every customer.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
* Associates Degree in Electronics or Military Electronics Training.
* 4+ years of hands on electrical or mechanical experience, critical power industry experience preferred.
* Knowledge of electrical/electronic test equipment and fundamentals and ability to evaluate operating conditions of equipment.
* Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and technical documents.
* Strong mechanical aptitude.
* Grow and develop responsibilities by interacting comfortably and clearly communicating with all levels of customers, internal staff and vendors.