Field Service Technician - National Carbonation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN - National Carbonation
As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
Responsible for installation and maintenance of new and existing bulk C02 product systems and related supplies. Installs bulk delivery systems in a safe and substantial manner, in accordance with all federal, state/provincial and local codes, and Airgas policies.
* Installs C02 bulk installations at both Airgas facilities and customer sites
* Performs all related duties to deliver product and supplies to assigned customers
* Immediately notify the Field Service Tech Supervisor of any malfunctions or condition on equipment which requires immediate action
* Be able to be On Call 24 hours per day.
* Analyze and make general repairs and maintenance of new and existing Bulk C02 systems.
* Install decals and warning signs for the proper identification of hazards, warnings, ownership, normal operational settings, emergency contacts, etc.
* Train customer personnel in the operation of equipment.
* Inspect vehicle before and after use according to DOT and company maintenance checklist.
* Loading Microbulk tanks, filling customer owned bulk tanks as assigned.
* Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
* Work closely with customers to ensure Airgas meets their expectations, listen to and resolve customer complaints.
* Reviews structural drawings and plans to assure the appropriateness of the pad design and layout of proposed sites.
* Performs annual inspections of all bulk installation sites to assure their condition and correct operation.
* Adheres to and ensures that safety policies and procedures are followed.
* Maintains an appropriate stock of recommended parts necessary to repair typical installations operated by the hub.
* Operate forklift and other equipment as required.
* Perform as backup driver during vacations and other periods of personnel shortages.
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Class A or B CDL with Hazmat Endorsement.
* No at-fault accidents or moving violations in previous 3 years.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to read blueprints and design specifications, manufacturer drawings, architectural drawings related to bulk delivery sites associated with customer installations.
* Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
* Ability to routinely lift 25 - 60 lbs.
* Must be able to read and write in English.
* Must have basic computer skills or willing to take classes to learn those skills.
* Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work occasional overtime, if necessary.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
* Must be able to work outdoors in a wide range of temperatures.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability