Field Service Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 4/25/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONTennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and other technologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing floor cleaning equipment and solutions, Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment.
As a FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN with Tennant, you get to provide top notch customer service as you troubleshoot, repair and maintain scrubbers, sweepers and other floor cleaning equipment.
* Quickly and accurately diagnose equipment issues, and determine what is needed to get the equipment running again.
* Maintain parts and supplies in your (company provided) service vehicle in order to have the right tools on hand to solve customer problems.
* Communicate with customers teach them how to correctly use our equipment and decrease future needs - making you a true asset to your customers.
Tennant Company offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package, as well as a company vehicle, credit card, phone, and laptop. Service Technicians at Tennant participate in a comprehensive training program including ride-alongs with other service technicians and trainers, an annual week long training event, and more.
* HS Diploma or equivalent required. Vocational training a plus.
* Valid driver s license required. Our Service Technicians drive to and from customer sites daily, averaging about 500 miles/week.
* Must pass a company-initiated pre-employment background check, physical, drug test and driving record review
* Must be able to lift 60 pounds, with most items weighing between 2 and 20 pounds.
* Must be able to sit, stand, twist, reach, push and pull, bend, stoop, kneel and squat as you work on light and heavy floor cleaning machines.
* Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing equipment such as scrubbers, sweepers, burnishers, trucks, cars, forklifts, cranes, agricultural equipment, etc.
* Knowledge of repairing mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems, air and water-cooled combustion engines, and diesel-gas-LP powered engines.
* Experience working in direct contact with customers on service-related activities.
* Field Service experience preferred.
Years of Experience:
2+ to 5 Years
Level of Education:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.