Field Service Technician, Raleigh, NC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONField Service Technician
Job Title: Field Service Technician
Job ID: 2016-001-SE
Location: Raleigh, NC
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: February 24, 2016
Posting: Open Until Filled
Under the general direction of and reporting to the Service Division Manager, the Field Service Technician is responsible for maintenance and repair of generator sets and other electrical equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Perform various types and levels of maintenance and repair on generators from 5-5000kW and automatic transfer switches. Repairs will include performing preventative maintenance service (oil and filters), troubleshooting AC and DC circuits, removing and replacing any and all components as necessary, performing warranty work per manufacturer's guidelines, performing start-up/commissioning on new generators.
* Perform various types and levels of repair on single-phase uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), including identifying overload conditions, battery replacement, and system replacement/installation.
Education and Experience
* HS Diploma required; Associate's degree in an electrical/mechanical related field preferred
* Current Generac Power Systems certification preferred
* US Air Force Electrical Power Production Specialist, US Navy Electrician's Mate, or Generator and/or UPS field service technician preferred
Skills and Other Qualifications
* Must have excellent communication skills and be able to give verbal/written reports of job status, repair recommendations, equipment/supplies needed.
* Must be able to account for time spent on jobs and travel.
* Must have an excellent driving record and have a valid driver's license. The job WILL require driving long distances to job sites, and overnight stays in hotels 1-3 nights (but not limited to) a week may also be required. Company would cover costs of hotels and provides a meal allowance per company guidelines.
* Must have good computer skills and be comfortable with Microsoft software to include Internet Explorer, Word and Excel.
* The technician would work from home and would ensure proper vehicle maintenance is performed, required parts inventory is maintained, ensure security of Company property to include cell phone, laptop computer, specialty tools and any other item assigned.
* Training would be provided and the employee may be required to attend training courses in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in addition to other training as needed and required.
* The technician may be required to work in various weather conditions (heat, rain, snow, high humidity, etc.)
* Lifting heavy objects, up to 75lbs, will be required.
* Competitive pay depending on previous experience and current certifications. Overtime is also a factor and is paid at 1.5 X base. We are a performance based company and pay will ultimately reflect the employee's productivity and overall performance.
* Paid holidays, vacation (accrued), sick and personal days
National Power Corp. (NPC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA federal contractor. NPC affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.