Field Service Technician (20160513)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Santa Fe Springs, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONEnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over twenty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide and Americas headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of motive power, reserve power, aerospace/defense, and specialty batteries with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.
We offer an excellent benefit package and a salary commensurate with experience and/or education.
We are seeking a Field Service Technician who will provide competent, high quality installation and maintenance services to EnerSys' Distribution Center Power marketplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Travel to customer sites to install, repair, and perform preventative maintenance to customer's equipment to include flooded and sealed batteries, chargers and DC power distribution equipment (cable trays, battery racks and power cables).
* Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and ISO9000.
* Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Is directly responsible for company assets, including a service vehicle, parts inventory, tools, laptop and test equipment.
* Provides the highest quality of service possible in order to assure customer satisfaction.
* Completes timely reporting of all activities including service reports, expense reports, quality alerts and maintenance reports to the company.
* Generates substantial annual revenues.
* Functions without direct supervision at customer sites.
* Completes compliance and job specific training, including the EnerSys Reserve Power Service School 101 the first year of employment.
* Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* A high school diploma or equivalent; or industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet.
* Able to operate a cell phone.
* Basic mechanical aptitude.
* Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
* Previous customer service experience in field support.
* Able to read with comprehension and write documents (such as customer correspondences, memos and reports) in English.
* Able to perform basic math such as add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Able to solve simple equations.
* Must be able to work flexible hours and respond to after hour service calls when required.
* Able and willing to travel to customer sites.
* Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record with minimal traffic violations.
* Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
* Able and willing to operate a forklift.
* Able and willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
* Able and willing to do overnight travel when required.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time and frequently bend, twist, reach, stoop, kneel or crouch.
* Must have hand dexterity to manipulate and handle materials.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily continuous basis. Any lifting over 50 pounds will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
* A basic electrical understanding.
* The use of test equipment and reading schematics.
* Able to make decisions to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, airborne particles and toxic chemicals including lead products and fiberglass products. The employee performs work at customer operations which can include exposure to: electromagnetic fields of varying intensity and or frequency, gas and electric hand tools, various radio and cellular communication systems, electrical charging devices and storage systems of varying capacities, a wide range of amperage and voltage (examples include: standard warehouse environments, manufacturing sites with high power using mechanical devices, electrical generating facilities, etc.). The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, outside weather conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate and occasionally may be loud. Employees working in this position are tested periodically throughout the year for the level of lead in their blood.