Field Services Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 1/13/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our 26 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're excited by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
We are looking for a Field Services Representative in the Nashville, TN area who will be responsible for performing roof evaluations, inspections i.e. Start-Up, Interim, Finals and year inspections on GAF Steep Slope and Low Slope guarantee roofs.
The Field Services Representative performs the day to day services within their assigned region. Responsibilities in this position include performing and completing roof inspections, performing specialized tasks to resolve problems, and providing weekly activity reports within the region. Field work involves Low and Steep Slope roof types. Participate in training and meetings when directed.
Responsible for prioritizing, scheduling and performing warranty, guarantee and complaint inspections within area of assigned responsibility without direct supervision. Additional responsibilities include such key duties as:
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Perform roofing site inspections as directed.
* Assist in problem resolution, complaints and provide proper written communication to GAF and GAF owners/customers.
* Provide technical assistance to internal and external business partners as directed.
* Traveling to neighboring areas to complete roof inspections as assigned and directed
* Prioritizing open inspection requests to formulate a productive schedule
* Completing Commercial and Residential Roof inspections including:
* Start ups
* Completing leak and complaint inspections as assigned
* Completing timely reports for all completed inspections
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES
* Adaptability: Handles wide variety of assignments. Possible short notice.
* Building Strategic Working Relationships: With internal and external business partners
* Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills: Essential, on-going, attend training
* Stress Tolerance: Work load, diffuse issues at projects
* Decision Making: Construction details, inspections
* Solid verbal and written communication skills:
* Communication: Reports, calls, emails are all carried out timely
* Understand and comply with GAF Safety requirements
* Possess a strong working knowledge of GAF products and procedures
* Possess strong computer skills related to GAF software systems as applicable
* Sound general knowledge of commercial and residential buildings, essential, on-going
* Knowledge of roofing related products and their installation method, essential, on-going
* Good attention to detail critical is for inspections
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written critical for reports. Critical for advancement.
* Ability to work toward team goals and provide solutions
* Strong interpersonal and customer relationship management skills
* Time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple activities and commitments
* Ability to lift heavy equipment and materials, ladders, etc.
* Minimum of High School Diploma or GED equivalent: Required
* 5+ years of roofing experience: Required
* Associate's Degree or Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred
Travel Requirements: 30-60%
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V. Must have ability to work in the U.S. without current/future need for GAF visa sponsorship.
No search firms please.