Field Solutions Engineer Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Hitachi Data Systems
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: FIELD SOLUTIONS SUPPORT MANAGER
REPORTING TO: INTERIM TO THE
GLOBAL HEAD, CUSTOMER SERVICES & SUPPORT
After Transition started
to the GEO Lead, Customer Services & Support
In this role, you will oversee and manager a remote team of Field Solutions Engineers who serve as subject matter experts and liaisons between our clients, remote support and Field Technician teams. This will require that you provide supervision and mentoring to your FSE team whilst prioritizing and scheduling workload and liaising with other business units to ensure the correct skills are deployed and that HDS presents a coordinated approach to service delivery. You will also be expected to drive pro-active and billable services within the team to meet agreed targets whilst working closely with clients to ensure their needs are met.
This position requires a close relationship and collaboration with the Geo UCP Sales lead, as well as with the Global UCP DC lead.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
* Prioritizing requirements based on customer needs and business priorities
* Demonstrating capabilities to innovate and to think out of the box and being creative in reaching / enabling the companys goal.
* Determining the skills and resources required for each assignment
* Assigning staff to ensure that the appropriate skills/knowledge are leveraged to support the customer
* Developing and maintaining strong ongoing customer relationships
* Act as an FSE Team evangelist, communicating benefits of the team and its services to the wider HDS
* Developing training plans for all FSE team members
* Ownership and escalation point for a variety of customer service / supports issues
* Developing and driving pro-active and billable services to meet agreed targets
* Overseeing business transactions for the GEO
* Direct Link with the UCP Deployment coordinator
* Accountable for Customer Satisfaction on Solutions
* Drive best practices, collaboration and skills development within the team and in line with globally agreed standards
* Develop Get well plan when required to improve Customer Experience on solutions.
As a Field Solutions Support Manager, you must be a well-organized and adaptable leader with the ability to effectively oversee a remote field service team. You must have the ability to coordinate projects between customers, local delivery teams, other functions teams and remote teams, and to work calmly and effectively under pressure. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to interact well with customers, users, senior level management, sales teams, and your technical peers
Specific qualifications for the role include:
* Bachelors degree
OR equivalent work and educational experience.
* Minimum 6 years in a related management field.
* Business Acumen
* Strong background in customer service
* Process improvement Management in Matrix Environment
* Experience managing remote teams and wide geographies
* Experience hiring field customer service engineers, reviewing and directing their work, and coordinating education for an assigned team
Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
Solid training and mentoring skills
High degree of proficiency in written and spoken business English
Willingness to travel to client sites as required
Bilingual or multilingual (English, French, Spanish, Mandarin etc.), a plus
OTHER: depending on the Geography there is a significant amount of travel required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.