This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONField Technician
Comverge is the industry s leading provider of integrated cloud-based demand response, energy efficiency and customer engagement solutions that enable electric utilities to ensure grid reliability, lower energy costs, meet regulatory demands and enhance the customer experience. Through its combination of software, hardware and services, Comverge helps utilities optimize every aspect of a demand management program, from participant recruitment and device installation to call center support, control events and measurement and verification. Comverge has worked with hundreds of electric utilities to deploy nearly six million energy management devices and enroll more than 1.8 million residential customers into mass-market demand management programs. In July 2015, Navigant Research ranked Comverge the industry s number one demand response provider. For more information, visit www.comverge.com and follow us on Twitter at @Comverge.
Role Summary / Purpose:
As a key member of the Comverge team, the Field Services Technician position requires a self starting individual who is results motivated and has the ability to work independently. Primary responsibilities include the support of utility based programs by performing field installations and commissioning of thermostats on HVAC systems as well as load control devices on water heaters. This position is a direct report to the Field Services Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
* Perform field installation and commissioning of advanced energy management and control systems for residential homes.
* Installations and commissioning of low and line voltage equipment and wiring.
* Install intelligent thermostats and digital control units.
* Install power line carrier (PLC) devices.
* Clean-up of work area after installations.
* Provide programming and operation instruction sessions for end users.
Qualifications / Requirements:
* One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience including HVAC.
* Electrician and HVAC Journeyman license (both are preferred; will consider if you possess one or the other)
* Experience in the installation, troubleshooting, and servicing of networking devices.
* Knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies, cabling standards and components including installation and troubleshooting.
* Proficiency with basic computer software to include basic TCP/IP protocols and using mobile devices.
* Valid drivers license
* Ability to climb ladders, stretch, pull and lift up to 25 lbs. in an outdoors working environment
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and positive working environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Comverge is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or veteran status. (Minorities / Female / Disabled / Veteran)