Field Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
TransCore Intelligent Transportation Systems
TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Field Technician to join the maintenance team in the San Francisco Bay area.
The candidate will perform on-site servicing, repair of electronic toll collection equipment at 7 tolling facilities in the SF Bay area. This job may include any aspect of field support including: troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment, systems, and wiring; installation of equipment; upgrades, modifications, programming; preventive maintenance actions; documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Preventive and corrective maintenance of toll collection equipment to include computers, video surveillance equipment, RFID, and network communications equipment.
* Completes reports, logs and performs shift-to-shift communications in accordance with established policies, procedures and local practices.
* Responds to corrective maintenance requests or alarms within an acceptable time frame.
* Diagnoses and repairs hardware, software, and system issues.
* Reports technical status of system with accuracy and completeness.
* Maintenance of spare equipment and parts including inventory management.
* Module or PC Board swap out.
* Isolation of faults in units or components.
* Field test of units or components.
* Electronic filing of work orders.
Education: Associate degree in electronics, military training, or electrical engineering.
Required Skills & Experience:
* A minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience in electronics maintenance.
* Good writing, communication, mechanical, and computer skills.
* Good working knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
* Some experience working with Linux preferred.
* Must maintain CA driver s license in good standing as verified by TransCore.
* Driving record must be free of DUI/DWI for three-year period prior to employment.
* Prior toll maintenance and electronic bench repair experience preferred.
* Required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
* Occasionally required to walk and climb or balance.
* Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and moving traffic.
* Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
* Comfortable with confined space work.
A leader in the transportation industry since 1934, TransCore provides innovative, technical solutions including next generation Open Road Tolling, Intelligent Transportation Systems and Radio Frequency Identification systems that secure access and vehicle registration for airports, hospitals, parking garages, border patrols, trucking fleets and rail carriers. TransCore also operates tolling customer service centers for transportation agencies throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, and Dubai. TransCore is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies Inc., a diversified growth company in the S&P 500, Fortune 1000 and Russell 1000 indices.
TransCore offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
TransCore provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability
To learn more about TransCore please visit us at www.transcore.com.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and r sum s are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. TransCore will not consider unsolicited r sum s from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.