Field Technician (Source Emission Testing)
O'Brien & Gere has become more than an engineering solutions company throughout our history of creating a better future since 1945. At the center of our story are clients ranging from advanced manufacturers to higher education, federal agencies, and municipalities. These clients trust us to deliver sustainable solutions and integrate innovative technology to solve the evolving advanced manufacturing, energy, environmental, and water challenges of today and tomorrow.
We are currently looking for a motivated and passionate Field Technician who has been searching for that ideal opportunity that will allow them the opportunity to work with environmental projects, ensuring our clients are in compliance and conform to environmental policies and guidelines.
The Field Technician performs a wide range of simple to semi-complex tasks encompassing field assignments based on client requirements. They also assist in environmental sampling programs of environmental facilities including water/wastewater treatment facilities, sanitary storm sewers, leachate collection system, gas collection systems, monitoring wells, ground water recovery and remediation systems, and industrial waste streams. You will also be responsible for, but not limited to:
* Assist with source emission field test programs
* Responsible for preparation and operation of test equipment in the field
* Responsible for equipment calibration, maintenance and repair
Skills & Qualifications
* Demonstrates good interpersonal skills
* High School Diploma / Vocational training or equivalent
* Associate Degree in Environmental Science, or related field, preferred
* Experience working in an industrial environment a plus
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Position involves transport and set-up of test equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
* Must be able to work at heights from scaffold, test platform, or other raised structure as the job requires
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer