Field and Customer Service Manager, Diesel Engines - Kohler, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONField and Customer Service Manager, Diesel Engines - Kohler, WI
Are you looking for a challenging leadership opportunity with a growing organization? Do you have leadership experience and ability to deliver technical training? Join Kohler Engines in the role of Field and Customer Service Manager!
The Field and Customer Service Manager is directly responsible for oversight of Customer Service, Technical Support, Service Network Training, and Warranty Administration for Diesel Power Products in the US and Canada. Under the direction of the Director, Parts and Service, Kohler Engines, must carry out a training program to ensure that all customers (including major OEMs) have a comprehensive working knowledge to service Kohler products. Administer warranty, policy and claim processing for the US and Canada including monthly and one-off reporting responsibility for the quality, manufacturing, and sales organizations. Responsibility for field campaigns, reworks and technical support including necessary internal, OEM, and governmental reporting.
Specific Responsibilities: Technical and Customer Support:
* Manage technical support Service Specialist(s) with the ability to answer the most complex technical product questions and inquiries for diesel products in the US and Canada. Responsibility includes dealing with escalated disgruntled customers, disputed warranty decisions, replacement engine recommendations, and parts look-up support.
* Manage the Kohler Diesel Engines 1-920-xxx-xxxx answer center with responsibility for the customer experience at the Central Distributor, Value Add Providers (VAPs) and factory levels. Utilize best practices in call center management and performance measurement to assure alignment with the Kohler brand.
* Maintain and develop systems of electronic communication and social media interaction continuing to use this media to address customer technical inquires and complaints.
* Manage a program of product reliability and the reporting liaison between Kohler Co. and its customers (OEMs). This will be accomplished by meetings with customers and our engineering and service departments to analyze product quality, critical technical issues, deviation, and the correction of deviations.
* Oversee the recall and rework of escaped defective products including internal record keeping and reporting for internal, OEM, and/or governmental agencies.
* Responsible for seeking out product or component failure trends, acquiring the needed related information and sample parts, and providing this information to the business in a timely manner for problem prioritization and resolution.
* Serve on Safety Committee providing business recommendations on safety related issues related to escaped quality issues, product designs, and safety warnings in service publications.
* Work with Gasoline Field Service Manager for improvements to the warranty processing system including project management for system flaws, sales and marketing driven policy changes, and additional reporting and fraud prevention.
* Administer warranty policy and processing for the US and Canada, including monthly and one-off reporting responsibility for the quality, manufacturing, and sales organizations.
* Perform warranty claims policy and technical reviews protecting the business from warranty fraud, abuse, and overpayment
Dealer Training, Development and Support:
* Responsible for maintaining the service agreements for the Kohler Engine 700+ diesel dealer service network maintaining accurate records for compensation information, product and service demographics, proper training and specialty tool levels, and contact information overseeing that the minimal requirements are met for each.
* Grow the diesel service network by working with central distributors and VAPs to recruit and develop service dealers .
* Support for the development and procurement of specialty and diagnostic tools for current and new products.
* Support and the development and production of service, parts, and owners' publications for OEMs, distributors, service distributors, dealers, etc., to ensure quality standards of communication internally and to our field sales organization. Responsible for service network communication including subject matter expert and final review for all Service Bulletins, Parts Bulletins, and Technical Service Instructions.
* Develop professional service training program material to ensure all service providers have a high level of competence and the knowledge required to sell and service Kohler engine products in US and Canada. Prepare specialized information for use by OEM accounts and national service providers. Provide stand-up training resources for the training of Central Distributors, OEM training personnel, and international/regional training managers.
* Assist spare parts department in establishing recommended parts stocking levels for OEM's and our network.
* Manage the analysis of engines in our diesel Americas product line and oversee the preparation and distribution of parts identification and servicing literature to support the after-market program. Responsible for reviewing the release of new service parts and service kits.
* Manage, on a continuing basis, surveys to analyze changes in customer requirements and prepare programs for responding to these customer needs in service and parts programs.
* Participate in Service Operating Committee meetings and industry association meetings. Prepare reports and carry out special projects assigned by the Director - Diesel, Kohler Engines. Participate in Distributor Council Meeting, Distributor Sales and Service Meetings, and dealer visits to stay abreast of the changing needs of the service network.
* Represent the interests of end customers and service network on new product development teams and in the product life-cycle management process.
* Bachelor's degree is required; BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
* MBA is a plus
* Experience developing and managing training programs
* Experience developing service, parts, and owners' publications for OEMs, distributors, service distributors and dealers
* 5+ years experience in engineering or service support
* Strong management aptitude and successful experience in leading, mentoring and coaching technical teams
* Experience managing warranty programs a plus
* Knowledge of diesel engines highly preferred
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origi